Chapter 14

Christian's POV :

I did not know what to expect and this guy was taking his sweet time opening the file, he looked at me.

"I've never seen something like this before" he was very serious

"What do you mean? What is it?" I couldn't hold it any longer I was boiling from the inside.

"Sir, the name you gave me, Ilayda Salvador, I was only able to find it in the orphanage records. Also, everything that has happened lately. Nothing out of the ordinary, she was given to a family but they returned her do to some trouble the guy who's supposed to be her new father wasn't good with her. When she became eighteen years old, she got out and got into the work of being a maid that is how she was hired in your house. They said she was twelve at that time but the strange thing is that anything before that is none existing" it took me time to process all the information inside my head.

"What do mean by none existing?" this man was killing me; I had to search deep into every word he says.

"Sir, it's like this girl never existed before she turned up in the orphanage. No records of her at any school or hospital, nothing, NADA. It's like she's a ghost that showed up at the age of twelve, and believe me I've searched so hard I've used so many resources contacted so many people, this case really intrigued me so I did everything I can but nothing "

"So what do you think, she was not living here in America or something" I was trying to find some logical explanation to what he was saying

"No, that's not the case I thought so too at the beginning so I did ask some friends who live off the American ground. My people can find anyone no matter where he is. but this one they found nothing. This girl? If she was erased, it was very professionally done. A normal person can't do this she must have some very high power connections, and also the name Salvador-"

"Yeah, what about it? "

" Mr. Elfonso if I know something and I trust that I do, I would say that, the name 'Salvador' is not hers, it's just false identification"

I was very confused with all the things I was told. I actually knew nothing about the woman I love. MR Hunter stood up

"I'm going to leave now Mr. Elfonso, I will keep looking to see if I can find any other information, but I do think we hit a dead end. " I gave him a nod. When he left, I went to my computer and transferred the money into his account.

I need answers and I am still not getting any. This girl is a real mystery, I still love her and at this point, I just can't leave her which would kill me, but at the same time, I need to know what she's hiding. But right now I got to get home and put aside all of my answers, for now, I just want to hold my girl, cause I miss her like hell and I've been giving her the shoulder for a week now.

Ilayda's POV :

Today the house was very empty and I was very lonely I ended all my chores and I was getting inside the bed, I missed Christian so much but apparently, he doesn't want me anymore, I made a note to myself that I will talk to him tomorrow no matter what.

I was drafting in dreamless sleep when I felt the side of the bed next to me getting deep and someone pulling me next to his warm body. I turned around and I found Christian looking at me with his deep blue eyes. I found myself hugging him and longing for his smell and his touch. I forgot all about my anger and I hugged him back.

"I missed you so much baby" he brought me closer to him

"I missed you more" I only needed his words to feel at peace again

"I'm sorry I left you alone"

"It's okay, we'll talk about it later" I wanted to enjoy his company for a while longer without any questions or answers and hold him this night.

I heard a sudden noise that instantly woke me up, I checked the time and it was four a.m., the noise woke Christian too.

"Stay here, I'll go and check"

"No I'm coming with you" he knew that I wasn't going to change my mind

"Okay fine but stay next to me" I nod and held his hand.

As we went to the living area the noise got clearer and I knew what was it, how can I ever forget

The sound of bullets

"Get down, someone is shutting the house, GET DOWN" Christian was on top of me protecting me from the bullets that were busting the windows and I was frozen. Did they found me? No how could they? What the hell is going on?

Suddenly the noise stopped and someone yelled

"They're gone"

Christian got up and I got up automatically after him and held his hand. He ran to his family to make sure they were all alright.

"Anyone got hurt?" we all looked at each other and everyone seemed fine I only was worried about Nona because she has been sick but she was fine too

"What the fuck was that? Can someone explain why the fuck someone was shooting us in the middle of the night?" Nathalie was screaming like a crazy person. No one spoke. Christian reached to the phone then Mrs. Elfonso spoke

"What does that mean? " she said pointing her finger to our intertwined hands.

"Mother it's not the fucking right time nor the fucking right place, so just do not say a damn thing" she didn't dare to say anything after that "I'm going to call the cops," he said dialing the number on the phone, his father snatched the phone from his hand

"No cops, son "

"What the fuck do you mean no cops?"

"Watch your language"

" Don't ask me to mind my fucking language when you just asked me to not call the cops after what just happened. Which only means one thing and one thing, you know this people" I squeezed his hand to try to calm him a little. Moreover, as if the timing was so perfect an annoying person decided to talk.

"I don't know what the hell is going on but I'm not staying here, I don't wanna die "She started freaking out

"Relax, no one is going to die," Mr. Elfonso said

Yet.

I thought, when I looked up everyone was looking at me, I realized that I said that out loud. Damn it.

"What do you mean?" Christian asked me.

"Don't mind me I'm still a little scared" Christian nod and didn't ask me another question which I was grateful for then he turned towards his father

"So since you want no cops and you clearly know these people. Mind telling us who were the people that were about to kill us, and what do they want? "

"Not now son first let's go somewhere safe and then we'll speak about this"