I'd learned long ago to wrap her's the second I had the chance. She'd do anything in her power to figure out what I got her.

"I debated between a 'World's Best Boss' or even a card that just read, 'Hey I like your dick wish we could fuck again but you don't like me like that,' so naturally I decided on a keychain," I shrug.

"At least tell me it's not a cheesy one from a zoo or some shit," she says hopefully.

I roll my eyes and grip onto a wooden case. I pull the lid off and she opens a small black box. It was a metal rectangle with letters gently carved.

"What do the letters G, and C next to his stand for?" She asks, eyeing the small chains carefully.

"His cousins. I asked his uncle Chris what to get him earlier and he told me what to put on it and he recommended the kids intitals," I shrug, snatching the chain back from her hand.

"I didn't know you were in close cahoots with his family?" She raises her eyebrows.

I roll my eyes and I carefully put the case down on a section of wrapping paper. "Our first date, if it was really even that, was at his uncle's restaurant. Chris' husband came over and showed me all the cute pictures of Austin as a kid. And then when I was over Chris came over with the kids and I met Graham and Clover. They are the sweetest little kids," I gush.

"Damn. You've been busy, Laines and I didn't even know it."

I sigh as my scissors cut the thin wrapping paper, "Not anymore."

•- Austin Wood -•

I only had one reason to show up to my family's house on Christmas and that was for the sole purpose of witnessing Graham and Clover open their presents.

I'd do anything for them if it came down to it. If one of them needed a kidney and I was the only match, I'd give it up. They were my world the second they were brought into our corrupted family.

I push open the door to the family house that I'd taken Lainey to what seems to be ages ago.

"Austin!" My mother exclaims as she moves swiftly around the main room and over to me as I pat the snow off my feet and place half of the presents on the small table presses against the wall.

"I have to go get the rest," I say as I kiss her cheek lovingly.

"Worry about it later, almost everyone is here," she seats her hand.

I roll my eyes playfully as she pulls me through the entry of the house and to the main area which had been decorated for the occasion.

My mother was very specific with her decorating. She was passionate about holidays worth her time to decorate for and never wanted help, therefore, Lainey Bennett took my decorating virginity for lack of a better word.

I'm immediately barreled by Graham and Clover, making me a little more content with this situation.

"Merry Christmas," I exclaim, dropping the few presents I'd been able to carry inside with me so I could pick the two up.

"Merry Christmas, Aussie!" They exclaim in unison, making me smile, "What'd you get us?" Clover follows up.

I hum gently and place to two on the floor, "I don't remember. I guess we'll all just have to find out when you unwrap them," I gasp, making them both frustratingly groan.