I roll my own as he grins showing rows of wickedly sharp teeth, designed to tear and rip through flesh.

Not that he needs to smile to show his villainous teeth. The big holes in the side of his cheeks already do that for him, giving everyone a nice view of those sharp whites.

"Are we right to go?" he asks bouncing on the balls of his feet, an oversized toddler, a grin barely suppressed."You spent nearly an hour getting ready."

I don't think I took that long but I can't be bothered to argue.

"Whatever. Let's get out of here," I say containing a yawn. We make our way across my chamber and almost out into the hallway when an howl stops us.

Dem sighs in irritation.

Mini crouches in the middle of the floor, her limbs twisted around at odd angles as if their dislocated. The child-like demon cocks her head to the side, staring at me with begging, lidless eyes. I keep the little demon here to guard my room, especially for when I go out. You never know what thief is going to come in here and steal things. It has happened several times before. I go to find something only to discover objects have vanished and jewellery has gone missing.

"I'll bring back something, ok?" Every time we venture into the Land of the Living she always expects a present and more often than not, I do find something for her.

Mini's head snaps up like a rocket with a victorious smile. She scurries away on all fours like a lizard. She disappears into the thick shadows coating my room, vanishing from sight.

I stroll out of my chambers and into the massive hallway. The huge, domed roof looms above me. It's covered in complex patterns and swirls that create an alluring effect that only a true artist could achieve.

At the centre of each dome, encircled by the patterning, lie the marvellous chandeliers, gracefully dangling from the roof.

They never cease to amaze me with their beauty.

My feet take me down the hallway. I wipe the cobwebs from my eyes, trying to wake myself up.

Mornings are evil and no one can tell me otherwise. If I had it my way I would sleep into the afternoons not wake up at this ungodly hour just to arrive at some place early.

I feel myself click into a dazed autopilot but before I can get even take two steps, masculine arms encase my waist. They lift me clear of my feet.

"Dem!" but my pleas are lost in the fit of giggles that come pouring out my mouth. He spins me around, the world bluring together.

"You asshole!" I screech. I try to sound angry but fail miserably.

Dem lowers me back down onto the marbled floor and I double over with laughter. The sound fills the corridors. All traces of sleep vanish like the wind.

"What was that for?"

Slight creases form at his eyes as he grins like a lunatic. He nudges my shoulder.

"Do you have any idea how hard you are to wake up? I swear you spend over half your existence sleeping," he crosses his arms and begins to walk backwards.

He's probably going to trip but I don't say that to him. Call me a bad friend but I want to see him fall flat on his ass.

Once my laughter calms down I reply, "Hey! It's called beauty rest. Looking this good takes hard work."

He snorts, earning him a slap.

I follow him and his backwards walking, asking, "So, do you have any plans this time?"