Chapter 19: Night service and no, your eyes don't deceive you.

Start from the beginning

Anyways, let's give her some options since the human mind likes options.

"Is it a merchant?"

Her eyes don't move, and her body is as relaxed as she could be.

"No? Then, the guild?"

Which Guild you ask? Heh, I just made that up, but it seems her body tensed up just a little. Huh, so there might be a guild out there somewhere. Interesting.

"The kingdom? To be more specific, a hidden faction within it?"

Her body tenses up in a way she wouldn't be able to control and that my sensitive hands are able to pick up on. I already knew it was something related to the kingdom, but not the hidden faction part. That was just another of my additions. So that makes it still a 'bingo' scene.

"A hidden faction then...hmmm."

"...!"

She is trying to move again. What a stubborn person. Is she deaf? She is in a locked room with me. Unless she is some secret op isekaid she won't be able to escape.

Very well, it is time to put my offer on the table.

"You know you can't move. Hear what I have to say."

I say while putting a bit of strength on her shoulders.

"Ahn!"

"What I'm offering you is a chance to redeem yourself and your only way to get out alive of this one. Even if I let you out of here, you know that they will find you and kill you wherever you run to. Serve me and you won't need to run away, serve me and you will have a place to live. You will be able to eat three times a day and train to realize your upmost potential. You will be part of something much greater."

Uwaaa...I almost feel like a devil offering a 'too good to be true' contract with all those lines, but it is honest to goodness what you get if you join me, and it has no downsides that I can think about. Just ask the maid-knights.

"..."

I stop my hands as I finish saying that and she closes her eyes. She is thinking about it. Considering all her options and so on.

Perfect moment for a little push.

"But if all of that is not to your liking, then just think that serving me saves you from the divine punishment of being vaporized by the Goddess Nerinne for taking part in a plot that desecrates her name."

"...!"

I let my whisper slither away into her mind and I give her some space.

But not even a second passes and she grabs my hand.

"You got me with having a place to live."

She says so while getting up and sitting on the bed. She is trying to pass it off with a smile and a strong front, but I can see that it was a difficult choice for her. She is still afraid of them more than she is of me. Her reaction when she saw me was raw, in the moment, but her expression at the times when I mentioned her boss and the hidden faction were some of the most deeply engrained forms of fear I have ever seen.

Ah, she is half naked too, but she doesn't seem to care. Heh.

"You made the right choice. After we finish with the pact spell, you will tell me everything you know."

"Yes, I will. There is also something else you need to know..."

______________________________________________________

While the 'interrogation' was starting, the sun set outside the inn and hues of orange painted the sky.

A red-headed woman entered the bar just in front of the inn. She was wearing a mainly red maid outifit with some armored additions here and there. On her back one could find a sword so big it looked more like a slab of metal with a handle than a sword.