Chapter 9: Meeting Old Enemies

The bus had started again, and we were stopped behind the venue in Phoenix. It was after the show, and the boys were still at their meet and greet. Suddenly, I heard the door to the bus open, and in walked the boys, CC at the lead. They were all sweaty and I stifled a laugh. Jake looked at me and rolled his eyes. "I call the shower first!" He said, running to the bathroom.

"Dammit, Jake!" Andy yelled. Jake simply laughed in response and shut the door to the bathroom. "Again we say you all act like children," Alexa smiled.

"We do not!!" CC said, laughing.

"Of course you would say that, CC," I laughed softly.

"Whatever! Anyways, who's hungry?!" CC asked, rubbing his belly.

"I AM!!!!" We all chorused.

"How about that," Ashley stated, sitting beside Alexa, wrapping an arm around her, who in turn, scooted away from him, holding her nose. "Not until you get clean, smelly!" She told him, laughing.

"Then I'm getting a shower next!" He yelled.

"Noooooo! I am!!" Andy said, running over to stand beside the bathroom.

"Why must they act like fools?" Sammi asked Jinxx, who only shrugged and chuckled.

"CC whined, "What are we gonna eat?"

"How about steak?" Ash suggested.

Alexa grinned, "Ooh! I love steak!!"

"Then it's settled," I grinned too, "Steak it is!"

[Ash's P.O.V.]

It was later, after everyone was clean and ready to go, that we decided to walk to the nearest steak house. Along the way, a black SUV stopped beside us and someone in it threw a beer can, which hit Jinxx in the head.

"What the fuck?!?!" Jinxx yelled, glaring at the truck.

"You emo fags need to get out of this town!" Yelled a man from the driver's side.

"'Emo fags'?" I asked, stepping towrads the car. As I did, a disgusting looking man stepped out of the car's passenger side. As he came into view, Alexa's mouth drooped, and a strange sound escaped her mouth.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, her voice trembling as tears filled her eyes. I noticed the odd look on her face and it instantly clicked in my mind who this was. Alexa's uncle. I balled my hands into fists as the man spoke again. "Why hello there, Alexa," he said calmly, stepping towards her. Alexa could only stare, her mouth agape, as he grabbed her, puling her to his chest, holding a gun he'd pulled from his pocket to her head. I stopped in my tracks, knowing if I moved, he would shoot.

"Let. Her. Go," I growled, fury illuminating my face.

"Nah... I don't think I will," the man said, digging his dirty nails into Alexa's arm, making her whimper. "Now, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Let me take her, and no one gets hurt, alright?" A smug smile played on his lips. He knew we were stuck.

"Ashley!!" Alexa screamed, helpless as the man began to drag her away. I stood where I was, my heart breaking. I know I couldn't... Couldn't help... I couldn't... Wouldn't risk Alexa's life. Frustrated tears sprung into my eyes. Then I noticed Nisa had snuck quietly away from the group, and was standing behind the man holding Alexa captive.

[Nisa's P.O.V.]

I lept at Alexa's uncle, knocking the gun out of his hand, making him yelp and drop Alexa, who laid on the ground, tears streaming over her face. I stood over her protectively, as her uncle grabbed his gun again, pointing it straight at me. But I stood my ground before saying, "Don't hurt Alexa, please. You've hurt her before. Take me," I stepped forward.

Alexa sat up, "No! Please, Nisa, don't!" No one behind her dared to move, seeing as he still had the gun pointed at us. "I have a better idea," her uncle growled, grabbing me, "I'll take both of you." He grabbed Alexa from the ground, pulling her up hard. She cried out, but didn't fight, as the gun was again pointed at her head. "Walk," the man snarled, pushing us both in front of him. We made our way around to the back of a building.

[Ash's P.O.V.]

As soon as the girls and the strange man made their way to the back alley, I took off running. I heard the sound of footfalls behind me as I broke around the corner and I tackled Alexa's uncle, knocking his head against the ground. Hard. I looked over him to see Jinxx and Jake helping the shivering girls to their feet. I turned my attention back to the foul man I held, struggling beneath me. I began to beat the shit out of him, and Andy joined me.

We beat this man to a bloody pulp. I leaned forward and growled into his ear, "If you EVER touch her again, I will kill you, you disgusting excuse of a human being." In answer, the man only laid his head against the ground. I stood and made my way over to Alexa, where she was huddled against Nisa and Sammi. When she saw me, she bolted into my arms, laying her head against my chest, and sobbing. I rubbed her back, held her as tightly as I could, and whispered, "I love you..."