Chapter 13: Puppies and Secrets

[Nisa's P.O.V.]

I was getting ready pretty quickly. I wondered what Alexa wanted to tell us. I was dressed in a pair of grey skinny jeans, a black Picture Me Broken t-shirt, and my favourite pair of black Converses. I had a black and white striped extension in my dark hair, and my dorky 3-D movie glazzes. What can I say? I loved those things! i hated 3-D movies, but loved the glasses!

"You ready, Hun?" Andy asked from the doorway. Yeah, Andy. We'd been together since the tour ended, and I moved into his apartment in Hollywood after it was over. Alexa moved out here too, with Ash, though. 

I broke away from my thoughts and smiled at him, nodding, "Yeah, I'm ready." When he smiled at me, I walked over to him, and he slipped an arm around my waist, kissing the top of my head. "Come then, my lady," he said in my ear. I giggled, walking out the door with him. Since the bowling alley wasn't too far away, we decided to walk. As we were walking, I heard a low whine. I turned my head and looked down to see a little Dachshund puppy. She was so tiny! I walked over o the little baby hesitantly, squatting in front of her, and held out my hand. She whined again and crawled forward on her stomach, butting her head against my outstreched hand. I smiled softly and scooped her up in my arms. She was so small and skinny, it broke my heart. I couldn't just leave her there!

As I walked back over to Andy, he looked at the little puppy in my arms, then back up at me. I knew he loved dogs just as much as I did. He scratched behind her ears and smiled, "Damn she's cute."

I nodded and held her closer, "Andy... We can't leave her! Please!!" I made the pouty "please" face and he chuckled. "Of course we can keep her. I can't leave her here any more than you can."

"YAY!!!!!!!" I bounced a little, causing the puppy to whine in my arms, so I stopped.

"What do you want to call her?" Andy asked, glancing at me.

"Zoey," I automatically said. I had a little Dachshund named Zoey when I was a kid.

"It's perfect," he said, kissing the top of her head. "Hello, Zoey," he whispered, bringing a smile to my face. He's so sweet! Looking up from his "intimate moment" with the dog, he took my free hand once again, and we walked towards the bowling alley.

We got there in about 10 minutes, and met Alexa and Ash at the front door. Alexa's eyes widened and she ran over to us, "Is that a dog?!"

I nodded, smiling, "Yup! Meet Zoey!"

Alexa beamed, petting the top of her tiny black and brown head. "You're so adorable, Zoey!" She tells the puppy. I giggled. Alexa LOVES animals! Always has, just like me. Zoey licked Alexa's face, whining happily, and Ash comes up behind her, chuckling, "Maybe we ought to get us a little dog. Another friend for Tokyo and Killer."

Alexa shook her head, "No! I want a kitty!" She grinned, giggling.

"Anything for you, my love," he whispered in her ear. I rolled my eyes; he was almost as bad as Jinxx. "Well are we gonna go in?" Andy asked from the edge of the group. We all nodded and walked in.

Getting our shoes from the counter, and paying for our lane, we sat down at the little table. It was Andy's turn first and he claimed to be the projected winner. But we all know he sucks at bowling. As soon as he got up to go, I turned to Alexa and she laughed, "Someone's impatient."

"Of course! What's going on?!"

She laughed again, "Maybe if you ask nicely, I'll tell you!" She was teasing me.

"Alexa, will you please tell me your news?" I asked in a sickly sweet, obnoxious voice.

She giggled again, nodding, "It's not really news, but... I'm pregnant!" Her right hand immediately went to touch her stomach. That's when I noticed it was poking out slightly against her shirt. "Really?!?!" I asked, excited, "Is it a boy or a girl?!?"

"It's a little girl," she smiled softly, "Her name's Jezabelle Desire."

"Awww! That's adorable!"

"Isn't it?" She looked back at Ash and winked. By that time, Andy had made his way back over. "Alright, Ash, try to beat THAT score!" He said proudly, pointing at the board. He'd only managed to knock down 3 pins. Ash chuckled, standing, "Oh jeez, I dunno how I'm gonna beat that one, Andy," he feigned fear.

"You'd better think hard, then, Ash!" I rolled my eyes, amused. Oh, those boys... "So what are you lovely ladies talking about?" Andy asked us.

"Jezabelle," Alexa replied, as if she was talking about the weather.

"Who... Who's Jezabelle?" He looked extremely confused, and I put a hand over my mouth to hide my smile.

"Oh, you know. That girl, with the hair," she giggled. Poor Andy. He looked so lost, it was adorable! "Fine, fine! I'll tell you! It's my daughter!" She conceded, and Andy's jaw dropped.

"I... I, well, uhm, that's awesome, Alexa!" He stumbled over words, as if unsure what the right response is. She giggled again as Ashley came back, holding his arms up, "Strike, baby!!!" He bragged, only to get a napkin thrown at him by Alexa. He chuckled and sat next to her. I guess it was my turn next, so I stood, took an 8 pound ball from the rack, and rolled.

[Andy's P.O.V.]

As soon as Nisa left, I leaned over to Alexa and asked very quietly, "How can you tell if someone's pregnant?" I looked behind my shoulder to see if Nisa heard me. Alexa looked confused, "Well... That person'll probably be moody and get sick sometimes. Mostly in the morning... Why?" She looked at me with her eyebrows scrunched together.

"Well... Because... Nisa... She... Got sick this morning. Like she was fine and then out of nowhere, just... Bleh, all over the floor..." I said quietly, watching Alexa's eyes get all big.

"I don't want to intrude, but... You know... Last time...?" She asked, wincing slightly. She didn't want, nor need, to fully state the question. I blushed, looking at my hands, "Err... Uhm, well, last night... After the beach..." I said, running a hand through my hair, "And we forgot... It was... A, uhm... An... Unplanned thing..." I mumbled the rest, my blush becoming deeper. She exhaled slowly and looked up at Nisa as she made her way back to the table, completely oblivious to the conversation. When she saw the looks on our faces though, she raised an eyebrow. "What?" She asked, and I saw Alexa swallow before very quietly asking, "Nisa... Do you think... Maybe... It's possible that... You're... Pregnant, too?"