"Oh shit sorry mate!" He drops the phone book and sucks in a sharp breath between his teeth.

"Fucking hell that thing weighs as much as the god damn baby." I place my hands on top of my head over my messy hair, knowing I was fine but it still hurt.

"Well at least the bird is gone." He shrugs before going over to shut the front door, me still rubbing my head.

"I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight." I put my head in my hands, knowing I just lived a nightmare.

"Oh relax the thing was tiny." Louis shook his head in disbelief of my fear.

"I don't care, it's a bird and it attacked me. I could've fucking died!" I justify.

"It just landed on your fucking head!"

"It wanted to kill me!"

"You're fucked." He rolls his eyes.

"No I'm-"

"Fuck!" I was cut off.

I furrowed my brows because Louis didn't say anything when that word was exclaimed and it didn't sound like his voice, it was.. unfamiliar.

His eyebrows lowered at me as well as we stood a couple meters apart in the living room, looking just as confused as each other.

"Did you say that?" I said just to be sure.

"No.. did you?" He asks back but I obviously couldn't cut myself off.

"Fuck!" It shouted again, the voice not coming from Louis and I and it sounding... childish.

It was like a timer went off because both Louis and I's eyes widened and in that moment I knew we were thinking the same horrid thing.

We both, at the exact same time, turned our heads to where Briar sat on the couch with a big smile on her face and her hands grabbing her tiny feet.

"Briar did you just..." Louis spoke quietly.

"Fuck!" I physically watched her exclaim with a large half toothy smile and her eyes crinkling in happiness.

My eyes widened even more if that was possible and immediately Louis and I fell to our knees on the ground and shuffled over eagerly to the couch where she sat. We stayed kneeled in front of the couch looking at her in horrific awe.

"Did you just say your first word?" I asked her like she understood.

"And was it fuck?" Louis added in slight horror.

"Fuck!" She repeated for the fourth time, laughing and smiling wider then ever. It wasn't a perched articulated word but it was spoken enough to know exactly what she said.

My jaw dropped in shock because I didn't know what to do.

"Do we tell her that's bad?" Louis asks.

"But then she'll think it's not okay to talk." I object.

"Okay so do we praise her for saying her first word then?" He then asks.

"But it's a curse word." I object again.

"Fuck then what do we do?" Louis says in stress.

"Fuck!" She repeats him with that smile.

"Okay well first off stop saying that word around her because she'll keep repeating you!" I say to him to my left.

"Hey don't act like it's all my fault. You're the one cursing up a storm when a god damn budgie flew behind you!" He gets defensive.

"It's both of our faults." I don't want to argue because we had to figure out how to deal with this without Harry let alone Amelia finding out.

"What are we gonna do? Amelia will shit herself if she finds out Briar's first word was F-U-C-K." He spells out so she wouldn't-

"Fuck!" Briar says anyway, even though he avoided saying the word.

I groan in grief and throw my head forward on the couch cushion.

"Isn't she too young to be talking? She's like four months old." He states a very very wrong fact.

"She's nine months old idiot." I correct with a glare at him.

"Okay well whatever she's still really young to be talking let alone cussing." He stands up to his feet and points at her in stress.

"Believe me I know but Amelia and Harry don't need to know about this." I state.

"How? It's the only word she can say and she's gonna start saying it a lot now!" Louis interjects, looking at me like a dumb.

"We will just teach her a new word and repeat it a million times before Amelia and Harry get h-"

I was cut off by the front door opening and in walking Amelia and Harry with a grasped hand in one another. My lungs deflate making it more difficult to inhale and my skin suddenly becomes endured with a layer of sweat.

They both look at me kneeled on the floor in front of Briar sitting up on the couch, then look at Louis who is standing by the coffee table. He wasn't here when they left so I could understand that they were surprised he was here. Harry narrows his eyebrows and Amelia flicks her eyes back forth between each of us.

"What's going on here?" Harry asks, looking at Louis then to me sitting on my knees.

"We were just entertaining Briar." I answer vaguely.

"Why are you on the floor?" Amelia asked in confusion.

"I just though tha-"

"Fuck!" Briar exclaimed in joy, cutting me off in the worst way possible.

I watched the life leave both Amelia and Harry's soul as they stared at their baby daughter with wide eyes. I clamped my eyes shut and formed my lips into a line with cringe.

"Did she just.." Amelia trailed.

"She did." I answer in grief with my eyes still shut.

//

cute and also disturbing chapter haha

next update won't be that long of a stretch don't worry❤️