/ Battle for the Estates! /

-------
-------
-------

#MID SEASON FINALE - / THE BATTLE FOR THE ESTATES! /

-------
------
------

"You all know what to do!" Chidori yelled as sweat dripped from his brow. "This is our [time](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2X5mJ3HDYE)! This is our country!" he yelled as the hammer came down. He brought together two pieces of wood that were stripped from the mansion.

"Sir, do we reinforce the cobblestone walls that surround the place? Maybe add an extra couple of feet to it?" asked Dino while he tore off yet another piece of paneling from the massive house.

"We only do that if we have enough wood left over after the barricades and after the gate is reinforced!" he yelled. Meanwhile, Gabe dug a hole to settle the pieces in.

"Dude, not in my ear," said a disgruntled Gabe, "We're never gonna have enough time."

"Gabe, please," Chidori said quietly. "We will have enough time! We will make this happen! We will defend our land! We will make a stand against the Lurkers!"

"Yeah!" Dino returned the call. "For the O.T.P!"

All four men hit their fist against their chest.

...

They dug with shovels. They hammered with every ounce of their strength. When they were tired they ate; when they grew hungry they never relented. When they fell asleep due to exhaustion another woke them. When they gave up hope, Chidori spoke words of boundless inspiration.

"How many regiments do you have left, sir?" Asked Cirdian.

"Not enough. I can make either elixir for all of us that would give us enhancement in hand to hand, but nothing else. I have enough for two instant heals, but they can't be shared. Should I make some poison to tip the arrows with?" Chidori questioned his highest ranking officer under him.

"No, that wouldn't be effective. Explosives?"

"I have enough for five grenades or twenty-two mines," Chidori answered.

Both their faces lit up after the word mine.

...

"Arrows! Where are the arrows I just had?!" yelled Cirdan. "There were a hundred of those!"

"They're against the wall. I put them there!" yelled Gabe across the plaza.
"Oh Daron, I'm tired." Cirdian's eyes almost fell closed with that statement. Chidori put his hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, my friend, we'll get plenty of rest tonight." He smiled at the writer. "And then plenty of rest afterward." His face fell.

"Please Coraline, take pity on us."

Across the MetaScape's waters, a woman spoke out into the abyss. "Don't worry; I will."

...

"Good night, fellers. The traps are set. The place is fortified and we are going to do our damnedest to defend the land of Starco," Chidori reiterated.

"And then we die," Gabe said, looking up at the stars, not because he preferred to, because the roof was gone.

"Gabe! We need to live in the moment, not tomorrow," Cirdan came back.

"No. He's right. Tomorrow we die. We will die with valor, fighting for our land that gave birth to the One True Pairing. It will be a great honor," Dino said gravely.

"Get some rest, fellers," Chidori interrupted.

...

...