Back To December ~ 3

Imani's P.O.V

We pulled up to Diggy's apartment and I hopped out shutting the door behind me. I looked both ways brushing my hair out of my face and then jogging across the street. As my foot touched the side walk the door man opened the door allowing me to step inside.

"Imani!!" a voice called.

I whipped my head around and saw that Jazzy was screaming from the window.

"LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU NEED HELP!!" she screamed.

I gave her a thumbs up and then fast walked over to the elevators. I bounced on the pads of my feet and waited for the elevator to open. I knew that Diggy would be at the apartment, but I was praying that he wouldn't be. I clutched the envelope with the ultra sound pictures in them and bit my lip nervously. I got onto the elevator and pressed our floor. The doors squeaked shut and the elevator began to lift. Just three months ago I was enjoying round two pressed against this wall. Now I'm depressed and pissed off carrying a baby in my tummy, going to my ex boy friend's apartment to get my things. A part of me didn't want to let go of Diggy; wanted me to stay with him even though he cheated on me, just 'cause I'm pregnant. But, the other part of me re-enforced that taking that type of shit from him just ain't gon' fly. Pregnant or not.

I unlocked the door and pushed the door open. I spotted Diggy sitting on one of the bar stools with his head in his hands. I rolled my eyes just by the sight of him and shut the door behind me. He looked up from where he sat and he jumped up. I started to fast walk in the opposite direction and to the extra bedroom.

"Imani please let me talk to you" he said following on my heels.

"There's nothing to talk about" I replied pushing the door open.

The boxes sat in the middle of the floor with the labels still intact. I began to pick up boxes and bring them to the door down stairs.

"Just let me explain what happened" he said sniffling.

"No. I saw what happened. You cheated, end of story" I responded coldly.

"That's not all that happened that night" he stated shutting the door in front of me.

He stood in front of the door and I dropped the box at my feet.

"Move" I ordered.

"Look I know you're not gunna believe what I say, but I still love you" he said.

"YOU NEVER LOVED ME DANIEL!!!!" I hollered.

"YES I DID!!!! EVERYTHING THAT I DID FOR YOU!!!" he screamed back.

My eyes narrowed and I backed up. The side of my face began to throb and the day when Angel hit me flashed threw my mind.

"I know you didn't forget all that I did!!!" he yelled.

"Whatever I'm leaving. Cheaters don't get a second chance" I said moving him out of the way.

"I DIDN'T CHEAT!!" he shouted slamming his fist into the wall next to me.

I pushed him out the way and picked up the box and carried it down stairs.

"Fine. Leave me then" he said swiping a tear from his cheek.

I opened the door and saw Jazzy standing in front of me one fist up as if she was just beginning to knock on the door. She smiled and picked up a few boxes.

"I heard yelling" she whispered to me.

"It's okay" I whispered back.

I picked up the last box and carried it to the elevator and then to the car. Jazzy slammed the trunk shut and then hopped into the drivers seat. I told her i'd be right back and then went back to Diggy's apartment. The door was still open and the boxes were clean off the floor. I spotted Diggy fingering the ring he gave me and then looked up at me.

"I'm begging you, don't leave" he whispered.

"You cheated Daniel. That's unforgivable. I gave you my heart and soul. I gave you my virginity and in return you sleep with a girl that has been after you since day one" I explained.

"Imani I didn't--" he started.

"Maybe this will help you understand why what you did is unforgivable" I said cutting him off.

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out the white envelope. I opened it and tossed the ultra sound pictures at him.

"Congratulations, Jerk" I said tossing the envelope onto the floor.

I walked away with new salty tears welling up in my eyes. I walked to the elevator and pressed the down button. I mentally told him our circumstance as the doors shut wishing that life had went another direction. I'm pregnant.

Diggy's P.O.V

I stared at the black and white pictures staring at them hard, trying to figure out what they were. That's when I realized that they were ultra sound pictures. Of a baby. My baby. SHE'S PREGNANT!?! I rubbed my hand across my waves and paced back and forth in the living room.

"Holy shit she's pregnant" I said aloud.

I placed the pictures on the counter tops and then dashed out of my apartment and towards the stair well. I slid down the banister landing onto the cold concrete floors. I pushed the door open and found myself standing in the hallway. I jogged up to the front doors of the lobby and saw Imani getting into her car. I called out to her hoping that maybe they'd slow down, but they only drove faster. I stood out in the street with tears in my eyes staring at the apirition of a car that was once there. That's what she wanted to tell me... That she was pregnant. I can't believe she never told me. I can't believe what happened in a matter of twelve hours. I had a girl friend that I loved with all my heart and soul, Star set me up to seem like I was cheating, and now I don't have a girl friend. But, the one who once loved me won't listen to a word I have to say and will barely look at me. She's also carrying my child.

THE END