Chapter 3

Pic of Lila Rose ^
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
And how we found
The same old fears
Wish you were here -Pink Floyd
——————————————————-
Dominic's POV
   I adjusted the white hoodie I was sporting and brushed my blue wash jeans of any dust.I had changed after work in the stupid porta potty at the site.Why can't they fucking pee in an orderly manner?Do they dance Rambo around the damn toilet bowl fucking disgusting cunts.

   I strode towards the porch of the vintage store.It was about almost seven pm which means she was gonna close the store now.I ruffled my hair making sure I at least looked good.
Who am I kidding?I'm dandy.

  I smirked to myself.Wait a minute.I lifted my underarms and sniffed them.I groaned,damn that I forgot...I didn't have any deodorant with me right now though.
  I examined the area around me,maybe there was something I could use...And that was when my eyes landed on a mango tree near the bus stop.Bingo.
All those months in summer boot camp didn't teach me nothing.
***********************************
Munira's POV
   I glared at the blue-eyed brute contemplating me at the entrance.Before I could say anything,the blonde pranced to the stranger trying to appear seductive.
But honestly,she came off more like a pullet high on pot.But I mean that's just me.

   "Hey,hottie,what's your name?"

Her voice failed trying to sound husky.She more or less seemed like a lascivious hyena which had jitters.Again,that's just me.

   The guy snickered at me as I winced at the cringeworthy situation ahead of me.I rolled my eyes and resumed my closing up of the store.I could still overhear the muffled "sweet,sweet nothings" she was murmuring into his ear.Her paw which was caressing his arm gently was politely tucked away to her side by his giant hand.She actually looked deprived.

    "Okay, you little ray of sunshine..." I could hear the mock in his deep tone.
  "Unfortunately...For me.I very sadly am unable to engage in an intimate relationship due to my unsettling abandonment issues.But I'm sure you will make some lucky guy who isn't me very,very happy someday.I can't help but mention though I hear someone calling me way,way over there..." The guy muttered with his index finger pointing in the far away corner of the store,trying to pry himself away from the little puzzled damsel.

   The stranger hurriedly disappeared between the shelves like a roach in hiding.It was kind of hilarious.But still...

    Poor Lila.I actually felt bad for her.Nonetheless it's true though,no matter how painfully wretched she is,she will find an equally compatible guy in the near future.I wish her luck...Lots of it.

   With a humiliated and downcast expression,she stormed out.But not without smuggling many packs of condoms and some gum.She made sure to throw me a "death glare" too.Well at least she's gone.

  I exhaled,drained from a long day.
   "Is Goldilocks gone?" A voice mumbled from behind the shelves.He creeped his way out dramatically,checking around as if some blonde was going to pounce on him right there.
   "Yes she is."
   "Who was she?"
   "A condom thief..." I murmured,peering at the almost empty condom stand.I needed to order a new stock once again.It was a weekly thing.
  I heard him chuckle heartily.I bit my lip roughly,trying not to smile again.
Why does that always happen?
  "Wait she doesn't pay for those?"
  "Not if her grandma owns the store."
   "Anyways,do you need anything cos it's 7.30pm and I'm not getting bonus for overtime."
  "I actually do...Hmmm."He placed his hands on the counter,deep in thought.
  "Ok a few cheap vibrators and the latest Playboy magazine.Oh and some X-rated DVDs" Enthusiasm rolled off his tongue.
Alrighty then...