Chapter 34: S27 Brown

Start from the beginning

The large beast who'd taken away Eren threw the soldier onto the ground, eliciting a yelp of pain from his lips. The man whipped out a large knife from his pocket and sliced through Eren's leg, tearing out Eren's vocal chords with screams of agony. He raised the knife and drove it into both of Eren's dazzling eyes. Chi could do nothing as she struggled against the man that held her tightly, his beefy arms holding back her arms and waist. Tears spilled out of her wide eyes, dribbling down her cheeks. She screamed and wailed and cried and screeched into the man's palm, wriggling in his grip, trying with all of her little strength to run and save Eren as his attacker began to ruthlessly tossed his body with multiple kicks.

'Stop!' she tried to scream. 'Don't hurt him! Stop!'

What was going on? Why did they have to do this to him? What had he done to deserve this?!

Once the three were satisfied, the woman slowly walked towards the frantic Chi, her body giving out in despair.

"Go to sleep, darling," the woman cooed before her hand darted out and drilled deeply into Chi's stomach. Chi's flaxen eyes enlarged, a sharp cough shook her body, and blood spilled from her lips before she stopped moving altogether.

~~~~~

"Eren!" Chi screamed as she jerked with a start, the unrecognizable room around her spinning, her head pounding. Having had gotten up much, much too quickly, she flopped back down onto a fluffy pillow.

"Don't get up too quickly," a deep voice instructed sternly, alerting Chi with another start. Her eyes slid sideways to meet another pair of flaxen eyes—ones that looked extremely similars to hers.

"Wh—what?" she breathed, shaking her head. Inspecting his features thoroughly, she thought she might explode with questions.

His hair was a coffee color, and it was quite long, nearly dropping to his shoulders, his bangs were so long they covered one of his eyes.

The eyes—the golden eyes that peered at her with both curiosity and a sense of peculiarity at the same time.

The moment her eyes landed on his, something inside of her broke.

Something inside her mind snapped, like a rubber band let loose—like a glass wall being shattered with a single strike.

Gold eyes—gold eyes and shade S27 brown hair.

Hanji had said something about S27 brown hair... Hanji had said something about gold eyes.

Golden eyes with deep pupils that shifted into slits... but why?

Because of the injection of titan DNA... but why?

To create a tool for humanity that would fight against the titans—and win.

And who was injected with this DNA?

Nine hundred and ninety-eight people, before her.

She was the nine hundred and ninety-ninth. Who was she?

She was Chisaki Matsumoto.

"I..." she whispered as it all began to flood back into her mind.

Levi had asked her to join the Elite Squadron.

Miraculously, he had carved a path out of her loneliness.

Chi had survived outside of the walls.

She had been the one who'd killed her own parents—no, not her real parents. Her real parents were Wallists inside of Sina. Her "parents," the ones who she thought, for her entire life, had drowned because of her.