Chapter 19: Laughter

~Chi's P. O. V.~

The world around me swarmed, the sky disoriented and constantly twisting around before returning to a regular clouded state. Was I not in Stohess anymore? What I was lying on felt like the ground, tufts of grass elevating my body at different and uneven points.

All of my senses were blurred or fuzzy; the trembling that shook the ground was numb, the grumbling that rang out constantly was muffled, and everything was blurry. I laid there, wondering about everything. Who was I? Where was I? Why was I there? How did I get there? What day was it?

I glanced downwards, where my clothes were soaked with blood - my blood. Slicked across the side of my head, I could feel the same liquid. The crimson liquid beaded through large gashes all across my body, some broken equipment laying near my feet along with a pair of shattered blades. Along with my blood, dirt was smeared across my body. Dirt... I was filthy. Strangely, a blurry picture of a face appeared in my mind. I couldn't tell who - but the word filthy activated it as if on cue.

I tried saying "Hello?", but as I opened my mouth, no sound came out. My tongue lolled around in my mouth, yet I couldn't feel it moving about. My breath caught in my throat and not even uncomphrehensive mumbles or gargles left the point of my lips.

My thoughts and attempts were interrupted by a very, very large figure coming into view. For once, my vision came into focus and stayed. Above me was what looked like a naked figure, meters tall, with an expression of indifference on its face. What was that thing? It peered down at me curiously with empty eyes, void of any life as I could tell.

It bent down with an outstretched, muscled arm, fingers extending to reach for something. Was it coming towards me? What did it want with me? My eyes slid over its stature curiously, observing every peak and dent in its body. It was a strange creature - but what did it want with me?

As its fingers neared my body, I heard a terrified voice scream out, "Chi!"

I was caught off guard and twisted my head to the side, the world toppling over. There was a figure running towards me. A man, to be exact. He had dark hair and steel gray eyes, of which were wide, a sheen of terror glazed over them. Chi... who was Chi?

"Chi!" he screamed again. "Chi, get up! Run away!"

Run away? Who was Chi? Why did this Chi person have to run away? Was there eminant danger to come to this person whose name was Chi? If that was the case, then Chi should've ran away. But around me, I could spot no one but our three presences. A thick mist covered the area surrounding us. I only watched as he continued to run towards me, an arm outstretched just like that tall creature above me. Was I Chi? Was the Chi person me? The man continued to sprint towards where I laid. His clothes were also donned with the cursed scarlet blood, though the prints looked as if they were steaming away. In his hands were short, broken blades that looked similar to the ones at my feet.

I tried speaking again, I tried saying, "Who are you?", but just as I had tried before, no sound came out. The man's face was etched with panic and alarm, obvious fear written in his voice.

"Chi!" he roared. "Get out of the way!"

Ignoring his strange pleas and cries, I turned my head back to gaze at the large creature. Its long fingers were mere yards away from my body - so it was reaching for me, wasn't it? It's fingertips finally brushed up against my body, barely grazing my sides as it attempted to clamp its hand around me. What did it want? All I could do was stay still and let my mind wonder the curiosities of the events. I felt myself begin to be lifted, yet I couldn't do anything; all of my limbs fell limp.