Chapter 4: A Monster

A. N.

Sorry if characters get a little too OOC, I tried! Hahah anyways enjoy~!

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

[dear 2014 me: oh my god. You child. Wtf are you writing. Pls. No. Sincerely, 2016 me]

[dear 2014 & 2016 me: y'all some loserz -2018 me]

[LMFAOOO I THOUGH I WAS SO EDGY and cool........ ur just cringe you weird ass weaboo -2020 me, still a loser]

~~~~~

Eren laid on his back on the dirt ground, bruised, battered, and panting heavily

Eren laid on his back on the dirt ground, bruised, battered, and panting heavily. Chi's training regimen had taken everything out of him. She stood above him, leaning over so she cast a shadow upon his sore body.

"What, you've given up already?" she taunted with a laugh. The sun was high, illuminating the earth with a warm glow. "We're just getting started!"

"Bu—but Chi..." Eren's voice trailed off as his eyes drooped shut; the boy had collapsed from exhaustion. There was no doubt he would be incredibly sore in the following morning. Chi sighed in defeat.

"Maybe I was a little too harsh," she murmured, picking him up and slinging one of his arms over her shoulder. "Hm... nah. We're good." She dragged him over to the castle and dropped him off in his room in the basement. Afterward, she went back to the kitchen to find everyone else preparing a meal.

"Do any of you guys need any help?" she offered, taking a big pot filled with soup from Petra's hands.

"Oh, Chi!" Petra smiled. "Yes, that would be lovely. Let's see... you can just set that down on the table and set up the other bowls. Will Eren be eating?"

"Probably not, unless he wakes up later. I drilled him pretty hard today." She went over to the cupboard and grabbed a few bowls. She set them down on the rectangular wooden table and set out silverware, too. Eld and Gunther were slicing up some vegetables. Oluo sat in one of the chairs by the table, grumbling.

Chi went the hallway to discover Levi with his jacket missing; there was a white cloth wrapped around his head, and he wore a mask over his nose and mouth. He was wiping down a window with a rag.

"It's time to eat," she called to him. He turned and pulled down his mask to greet her.

"I'm not hungry," he replied briskly.

"If you don't eat, you aren't going to get any taller, shortie."

"...Shortie?" His eyes narrowed threateningly. "I'm taller than you, you idiot."

"That's debatable. Regardless, you still need to eat."

The corporal rolled his eyes. "I just told you that I wasn't hungry."

"Hmph. I suppose your appetite also explains why you're so skinny." She walked over to him and took his forearm in one of her hands, measuring around his wrist with her forefinger and her thumb. Surprisingly, he was actually quite sturdy, realizing the taut muscles underneath her hand.