21

Moving day; the day all friendly favours were called in so there could be as much labour on the ground as possible. Unfortunately for Kenadie, Aurora had to work that day leaving the daunting task of unpacking their lives into the new apartment in the hands of Sebastian, Finn and herself.

Since the day they signed the lease, they'd slowly been bringing their belongings into the space but after two days it was time to do the heavy lifting. The space was currently littered with boxes upon boxes of everything and anything. That coupled with the overbearing presence of the camera crew made for an uncomfortable and chaotic environment.

Part of Kenadie longed to be by her window in her condominium with a good read.

As she unpacked boxes with her good china, Sebastian and Finn staggered in through the door with what looked like two huge wooden cubes in their hands. They set them down quick enough to keep from squashing their fingers, making a loud thud. Sebastian removed the one stacked over the other one and set it on the floor as well.

"What are those?" Kenadie asked as she stepped towards the living room.

"Coffee tables shaped like Rubik's cubes. You like 'em?" Sebastian said with a huge grin plastered on his face.

"But there's already a coffee table here."

"I know but it's kinda boring don't you think," he said frowning at the wood and glass table in question.

"Oh yeah and Rubik's cubes are so much fun."

"Right?" he said clearly not picking up on her sarcasm.

She was about to return to the kitchen when she saw Sebastian pick up one of the brown boxes to show her something.

"I also brought these," he said pulling out a black cushion with binary printed on it in white.

He grinned widely like a young boy showing off his toy collection. Finn observed quietly from the side as the beginning of decorating quarrels began to unfold.

"Oh dear Lord," she put a hand on her temple. "Okay lets compromise, either you keep the cubes and ditch the cushions or keep the cushions and the glass table stays."

Sebastian's eyes darted from the cushions to the tables before he stuffed the cushions back in their box. "Tables it is."

Both Finn and Kenadie laughed at this. She realised lots of little decisions like this would be made over the course of their time together. The seemingly unblinking eyes of the camera crew made her wonder if any of this was worth watching. This would be part of the footage they just edit out. She made a mental note to still try and ask for it afterwards.

After all the moving the boys had done, she couldn't have been more thankful. Sweat seeped through Sebastian's baby blue t-shirt and beads were trickled over his forehead, the June heat doing little to cool him. At least it gave her a great view. She couldn't say the same for him as she had on an old pair of shorts, a tank top and a head scarf.

"You guys want some ice tea? More water?" she said as she grabbed glasses and opened the fridge.

"No hard stuff?" Finn asked.

"Unfortunately."

"Then water it is."

She looked over at the two camera guys and Roberta who had their eyes fixed on their equipment.

"You sure you guys don't want something to drink too? It's been a long day."

One of the men looked like he was about to say yes before Roberta shot him a wide glare as if to remind him to be professional. But after a little pleading, Roberta conceded and the crew had their glasses of water.