14

They didn't even have a discussion about it. There was just not going to be any sex on the first night as is usually anticipated on the wedding night. She just wasn't ready for it. He didn't mention anything either, which made her think he either guessed this, or he had the same reservations.

But waking up in a tangled mess of limbs was still something Kenadie would have to get used to. She lay with her head on his chest, the slow rising and falling had a lulling effect that made her want to fall back asleep. He had one hand on her back and the other lay freely on a pillow, but their legs were wedged together.

She looked up to see his eyes shut. He had long and full eyelashes which made her feel a tinge of jealousy.

Taking advantage of the fact that he was still asleep, she ran a hand across his chest. It felt firm against her touch and she wished she could peel the thin blue t-shirt off his body to see his skin.

Kenadie lowered her hand to his abdomen and when she felt the slightest hint of defined muscle, her breathe hitched. She balled her hand into a fist and laid her head back on his chest.

"You can continue feeling me up if you want to," a groggy Sebastian spoke.

She couldn't have been more embarrassed, but instead of owning up to her crime, she slowly slid away and pretended to be asleep. She even added a couple snores to make it more believable, but it didn't work.

"I know you're awake Kenadie," the sound of her name coming from his lips made it sound almost sexy and she smiled.

But then she realised it was morning, meaning she had yet to brush her teeth. She couldn't risk him getting a whiff of her horrible morning breath so she covered her mouth with her hand before saying, "Good morning husband."

"Why are you covering your mouth?"

"Morning breath, I haven't brushed my teeth yet," she said in a muffled voice.

"It doesn't ma-, fine, go brush 'em," he said and she jumped up from her bed.

As she started brushing her teeth, she saw Sebastian's reflection in the mirror as he walked in and grabbed his own toothbrush. She felt a little apprehensive about it, a simple act as brushing her teeth made even the slightest insecurities pop up.

But then she noticed him start to brush in sync with her, mimicking her movements and she giggled. He seemed to have a sense of humour about things and at the same time he wanted her to feel as comfortable as possible around him.

When they had finished, Kenadie went and plopped herself onto the bed and reached for her phone on her bedside table. When the screen lit up, the time was 6.30 am.

"How the hell am I up at 6?" she said.

"Well it's a good time for a run, wanna go?" Sebastian asked as he stood in the doorway.

Her eyes widened at the thought. Kenadie never really exercised much, despite Aurora's advice, instead opting for extreme dieting whenever she felt the need to lose a little weight. It was a miracle she didn't already weigh six-hundred pounds. She had her parents to thank for good genetics.

Sebastian laughed at the fact that it took her such a long time to respond. "Alright, how about a walk instead?"

"A walk sounds good. I have to change," she hoisted herself off the bed, already missing its comfort.

"Damn it, I was hoping you'd keep those shorts on," he said.

"Don't worry you'll definitely get to see more of this. In due time my husband."