<o.saku> ||It's Quiet Uptown||

[OdaXFem!Reader]

The stale smell of the box was beginning to get to her, his love who was ever so fragile at the moment. It sat stark on the dinning room table as a painful reminder of the loss they had to bare after months of planning, after hours of "labour" and, as Oda will never forget, screaming. But not from their baby.

Because what else were you to do when the doctor says "I'm sorry," a quarter of the way through?

And he'd be lying if he said it wasn't hard to look at her. His love keeps her dimmed (e/c) eyes trained on the pink box while the hours pass by and they've spent those hours in a bitter silence as he tries to collect his own feelings.

When he finds his words, the redhead looks to her and her straight posture falters slightly.

"We're going to be okay," he whispered, "She'd want us to be okay, (f/n)."

Finally, she gives up, dams collapsing as if they were never there at all. She breaks down into a fit of tears and it's beautiful how she unravels after suffering alone for so long, he notes to himself, wrapping his arms around her tightly.

....

Right, so near a decade ago my mom had a baby. I remember how excited I had been. I was finally going to have a sibling who would love me. Who would want me. She was almost born on my birthday!

I also remember how hurt I was when I got a phone call in school and the teacher had to explain to me what a still birth is.

I'm trying to appreciate my life a little more, to live like each day is my last, and I want to make stories and have experiences to share with her when I finally meet her.

Death is not an end, but a different beginning. Just never forget the people waiting on you to come home.

I know this isn't really a good oneshot, but I've wanted to share that... To get past that pain, for a long time.

-Toast, with love