One More Hello.

For lack of better terms, I've been dead y'all.

If you don't care, just skip to the end I guess. It's heavy sorta.

Regarding My Life

When I announced my (possible) return, COVID hadn't really hit that hard yet and I was fresh in college. And in regards to that, I'm not gonna apologize. Life happens. I was in a bad place prior, emotionally and financially, and on top of being essentially homeless, I had lost someone dear to me.  Imma be real. Even now, It's been hard finding value in my day to day life.

I gave up. I gave up on my family. I gave up on my few friends. I gave up on my job. And I gave up on me.

I got COVID at the start of this year and I prayed everyday. I prayed that it would kill me. And then I tried to take myself out of the equation when it didn't.

That's heavy shit, it really is. I know. I've been gone for a year, I think? Now here I am confessing that I planned to essentially kermit sewerslide to the internet. Not where the younger me would picture me going, but yeah.

A pair of socks changed my mind. Literally, a mailman knocked on my door and delivered a pair of socks. Plain grey, fuzzy socks.

My mom had sent them. We hadn't talked in weeks. For a lot of reasons. But she wrote a little note saying, "Take care of your wittle toes, baby. It's cold outside!"

I'm not sharing this for pity or anything. I just wanna tell everyone to check on the people you love. My heart felt like it was bursting a moment ago just reading eager and funny comments people left on here to a stranger that stopped responding. And that much love can help so much. Just a reminder that someone thought of you or something you did.

Now,

Regarding This Story

Looking back on it, I'm not terrible proud of these short stories either. Most are snippets that require you to really squint to find a shred of romance and some are just..... bro, I'm clearly depressed.

My writing fucking sucked.

But I quest that's why I'll say this:

You guys/girls/theys win.
I'll start writing again and I'll strive to do better. I can't promise regular uploads, but I can do my best. I'll try to post on Twitter if something comes up
@/alittletoast
Or if you're into shitty art, TikTok
@/aliltoast

Uploads by the End of this week, ig.