chapter 31

••

Dariah was in her cell counting the hours until her court date, Dave was in his house with Vanessa..

David Brewster Jr.

"David ! Can you come feed Vincent while I shower?" Vanessa yelled from upstairs.

"Alright" I grumbled while going upstairs. I took the bottle from the counter and fed my son while rocking him in my arms.

As I fed him, I noticed his features. He was really light skinned with red hair and dark red freckles. It was odd since Vanessa was darkskin and I was dark caramel and we both had black hair. He looked really different but I never paid it any mind. When my family saw him, they kept denying that he was my son but Vanessa was way too deep in love with me to cheat on me so I took that thought out of my mind.

Soon Vincent fell asleep in my arms so I put him in his small bed and my mind wandered to Dariah. I haven't seen her since she was arrested, I really wanted to see her but I just couldn't.. She probably didn't want to see me anyways. I tried to visit my daughter, Kaiya, every chance I got though. That was my heart and soul along with Vincent.

Vanessa and I decided to work on our relationship to get stronger which was going really well for us. I think I was ready to propose to her.

My phone rang knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Yo" I said unto the phone.

"Wazzam bruh" My mans Aug greeted.

"Nun man, just put my lil one to sleep. Bouta go smoke a blunt to clear my mind"

"I feel you bro, where wifey?"

"She in the shower" I chuckled.

"Oh that's wassup but aye bruh, Dariah got a court date set up. You attendin' ?" He asked.

"Oh foreal? Man I don't know" I sighed. "What if she don't wanna see me?"

"Bruh is you stupid or sum' ? that girl definitely wanna see you. You and yo daughter man"

"I don't know bro, let me think on it" I said.

"You better show, i'a hit you later though" He hung up. I shook my head, August never lets the person respond before hanging up. Dumb ass boy.

Once I heard the shower water stop running, I headed downstairs to the patio and pulled out a pre-rolled blunt then lit it. I pressed it in between my lips and closed my eyes while exhaling. I pictured those moments with Dariah.
-
"Aye princess is back" Tory called out.

"What it do, my G" Dariah greeted, sitting on the chair next to him.

"I thought you were picking up Ro" Trey asked, blowing smoke out his mouth.

"Yeah, I did but we had a girls day" She replied, putting her hair in a messy bun leaving two strands in the front. "What ya' doing?"

"What it look like?" I commented.

She did an obnoxious loud laugh. "Ya buggin' foreal dog"