chapter 23

••

Dariah-Imani

It's been almost two weeks and they have been hell. Dave and I have been arguing so badly to the point where I'm currently at Chris's house. Chris and the boys are on tour which is a relief cause I'm not in the mood for any drama.

I had been in the house since then, ignoring everyone besides Chris's calls just so he wouldn't get suspicious. Alicia had returned the thousands of calls and texts that I had left for her finally, but we haven't gotten to the normal us yet.

The doorbell rang knocking me out my thoughts. I got up slowly and took my time answering the door, making sure to look like I just woke up.

"What you doin' here?" I twisted my lip, confused on why they were at my door.

"Um a "hey" would nice... rude ass" Vanessa rolled her eyes at me.

"I don't really THINK I was talking to you" I folded my arms and shifted my weight on one leg.

"Well you THINK too much" She folded her arms as well which laid just right above her baby bump.

Damn her baby is growing fast.

"I'm not sure why or what you are doing in front of my house right now.. if you don't care to explain then you can escort yourself out"

"So you ain't gonna invite us first?" Dave spoke up for the first time since they arrived.

I sighed and mentally rolled my eyes as I opened the door wide enough for them to come in and stepped aside.

"Hmm this place could need some work" Victoria mumbled.

"David control yo baby mama" I retorted, sitting across from them on the couch.

"On the topic of baby mama- " Dave started before he was interrupted.

"Hold on baby" She said to him then turned to me."You ain't gon' offer us drinks or snacks? i'm pregnant boo, I need refreshments"

I was deadass about to slap the shit out of this jawn.

"She forreal?" I rhetorically asked to Dave. "Babygirl let me tell you something real quick, YOU are in MY house ok? you're gonna keep quiet and know your boundaries. You lucky I even let you in my house like girl you are doin' the most right now"

After that she kept quiet, Dave continued. "So what's this i'm hearing about me being the father of yo kid?"

Everything froze.

How the hell did he find out? Only people who knew were Chris and my sister. My heart was beating so loudly I didn't even hear the words coming out of his mouth.

"Hello? Are you listening to me?" Dave repeated louder than before.

"What'd you say?"

"I asked if it was true.." He looked at me sternly, I looked away to avoid his dark eyes that was staring a grave into me.

"I..I..Um..Well you see.. Huh?" I stumbled over my words like an idiot. Vanessa was chuckling so hard, she almost choked.