Day 21

"What are those?" Tim asked as he walked into the kitchen and saw the groceries Alfred had brought in.

"Those, Master Timothy, are supplies to make gingerbread houses?"

Tim raised an eyebrow. "Gingerbread houses?"

"Yes, Master Dick suggested we make them, and I must say, I rather like the idea."

Tim suddenly had a weird image of Bruce, Jason, and Damian calmly sitting down to decorate gingerbread houses.

Yep, like that would ever happen.

"Er...I love Dick, really, but...Haven't you noticed that all of his 'ideas' so far have turned out horribly? Damian will probably end up wreaking havoc. And Jason too, now that I think about it."

"It very well could. Or it could be a nice holiday activity. I think we should give it a chance," Alfred said.

Tim shrugged. "Okay, why not? I'll go get everyone."

—-

Once everyone was gathered and started decorating the gingerbread houses, Dick had the now familiar feeling that this wouldn't end well.

Jason and Damian has loudly protested them taking part in this activity, but after Alfred gave them each a stern look, they reluctantly agreed. No one ever argued with Alfred, it was a universal law.

Tim also seemed reluctant to do this, and asked Dick if it was really necessary. Dick had stubbornly told him it was, and Tim sighed, but got to work.

Everyone quickly assembled their houses, then they all each took some frosting and began decorating them.  Jason looked strangely concentrated as he worked on his, and was going a little heavy with the frosting. Tim was doing a nice traditional design on his, though he seemed to be having a little trouble with it. Damian's was definitely looking the best, probably thanks to his artistic skill.  He went into great detail on his, and it looked pretty nice so far.

Dick's on the other hand, looked terrible, but no one dared tell him that, since he was having so much fun with it. There was frosting...Everywhere. It looked like a blizzard had struck the gingerbread.

"Uh...Dick?" Tim asked, grinning when he saw his older brother's gingerbread house. "Is that supposed to be a window?"

Dick was currently piping icing in a strange design that was like a messed up circle.  He grinned. "Yep! Glad you could tell, Tim. I was worried that it looked too circular."

"Haha...Yeah...Good job?"

Meanwhile, Damian kept glancing over at everyone else's creations, like he was trying to make sure his looked better than all of theirs.

For the most part, everything was going nice and fine. But then, disaster struck when Tim's elbow slipped on the table and landed on one of the open icing tubes. Since it was right by Damian, icing squirted out and went all over Damian's gingerbread house. Damian's eyes widened in anger.

"You idiot!!! You ruined my gingerbread house!" The ex-assassin shouted.

Tim's eyebrows rose when he realized what he had done. "Damian, I'm sorry, it was an acci-"

But before Tim could finish his sentence, the angry Damian Wayne held his icing tube up and aimed it at Tim, causing the older boy to get a facefull of white icing.

"Ah! You little Demon Spawn!! Why'd you do that?" Tim yelled, now angry at Damian.

"You ruined my house!!"

"Well you just hit me in the face with icing!!!

Dick looked up, as if just now noticing what was going on. "Hey, both of you stop!" he exclaimed as Damian swung his fist as Tim's gingerbread house, destroying it, and sending pieces flying. One piece hit Jason in the forehead, and so now he was mad.

It ended up with Jason, Tim, and Damian throwing gingerbread pieces and icing an each other, and Dick trying to get everyone to stop. After he ended up with a ton of icing stuck in his hair though, he frowned and glared at the three of them. He didn't like his hair getting messed up. Not his hair. Anything but his hair.

"ALL OF YOU STOP IT!!!" he yelled as loudly as he could. Suddenly, there was silence, and everyone stared at Dick in shock. Dick never yelled.

Damian looked down at the ground and dropped his tube of icing. "Sorry..." he mumbled.

Tim sighed. "Yeah, Sorry Dick. We didn't mean to make this much of a mess or ruin this activity you planned for us..."

Jason didn't say anything, and just stood there impassively, as if nothing was wrong. Then, he squirted some icing at Tim without looking.

"Hey!" Tim exclaimed angrily and swatted it out of Jason's hands.

The sound of hearing someone clear their throat was heard. Everyone turned around as grew terrified when they saw Alfred standing there.

"Young sirs!" The elderly butler said loudly. "Just what have you done to my kitchen?!  I demand that you clean it up at once!"

"Yes Alfred," they all said in unison.  Because again, no one argued with Alfred.

And so they did just that. They cleaned up their mess, Dick glaring at everyone the whole time for getting him involved. This was definitely the last time he put together any Christmas activity for the family. They never ended well.  And all of the gingerbread houses were destroyed (except for Dick's, which was a monstrosity) so they didn't have anything to display. Oh well though. At least it was fun while it lasted.