Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

The patrol had returned into the Thunderclan camp, the grey tom, Eagle, in the midst. Dragonpaw noticed has they walked in all of the cats of the clan had been watching their arrival, staring at the captive. Firestar had began to climb down from high rocks and pad his way up in front of the loner. Eagle gulped as he had been stared at with a glare of hatred similar to that of the tribe's leader had giving him. 

"State your name," Firestar said, his voice stiff and stern. The tom looked around at his surroundings, noticing all the eyes on him, melting his pelt.

"I am Eagle," he meowed. Firestar began to study this new loner. He had picked up the scents of the tribe, Riverclan, Windclan, and Thunderclan. "Well, you've been trespassing everywhere, haven't you. Especially in Windclan," Firestar said, his eyes narrowed. 

"I don't know about any clans, I'm just trying to find some place safe to stay, that's all," Eagle blurted out, hoping this cat would understand and let him go. "Silence!" Firestar said, "A cat died mysteriously in Windclan today, and no cat anywhere knew what could've caused it. Did you know about this, or have any connection to it what so ever?"

"No! I wouldn't kill another cat! I don't know about these territories, clans, tribes, anything! I'm just trying to find a home!" Eagle argued. Brambleclaw padded beside Firestar. "Firestar, we can't be sure just yet if he is the cause. For all we know he could be a rogue, or killer!" Brambleclaw told. Firestar nodded.

Eagle stood, panic in his expression, looking around. Firestar turned around, padded up high rock, and stood. "Let those who are old enough to catch their own prey, gather underneath the high rock," he announced. All of the apprentices and warriors gathered underneath, mews of anxiousness and worry flooded the camp. Firestar shot his gaze down at Eagle.

"Thunderclan! As of now, until we've found out the cause of the death in Windclan, and until we find out more about this loner, I hear by announce that Eagle be imprisoned in the small cavern. Dragonpaw, Brickpaw, you two need to go into the forest and find some thick branches, and Brabmleclaw and Molenose, you two will keep guard of the prisoner! That is all," Firestar said. He then turned into his den.

"No! You can't do this! I've done nothing!" Eagle cried out. "Come on!" Molenose said as he and Brambleclaw carried the prisoner away. "Hey! Dragonpaw, looks like were two important cats needed to help keep that loner in captivity!" Brickpaw exclaimed. Dragonpaw sighed, his friend's ignorance was scratching at his fur. "Brickpaw come on, we need to get the sticks before the moon gets up, let's go," Dragonpaw said, as he padded off into the woods.

Eagle's pelt had rose hot again as he was carried toward his prison. The two warriors stopped and Eagle received a good look at his new home. It was a small cave behind the high rock, with jagged rocks poking out of the walls, and a old ripped leaf nest in the dark back. "You'll be staying here for a while," Molenose said. Eagle gulped. Brambleclaw and Molenose shoved Eagle in.

"And don't think about escaping, you'll be under supervision forever!" Brambleclaw said. Eagle sighed and curled up, as the setting evening wind blew through his grey fur, then hitting the cave walls sending a eerie sound out. I'm done for...

The sun's peak was all that the sky was being lit from now. On the other side, the moon was rising along with the stars. Dragonpaw and Brickpaw padded through the dark forest, Brickpaw flinching at every  sound. "What! What was that? Ah!" he cried, his head darting from side to side. "Brickpaw calm down and focus! We need to find these branches and get out, now turn here," Dragonpaw growled. The two apprentices traveled down a destitute path, covered in thing branches. 

"Up ahead! Branches!" Brickpaw said, running forward. Dragonpaw followed, and dropped his head down and grabbed a branch in his mouth. Before he could turn around he stopped. What is that? He thought. "Brickpaw, you smell that?" Dragonpaw whispered. Brickpaw scented the air, and couldn't pick up a strange scent. "I don't smell anything," Brickpaw said. Dragonpaw ran off, through the woods, Brickpaw in pursuit.

"Dragonpaw! Get back here!" Brickpaw cried out. Dragonpaw leaped over a fallen tree, and continued to run, until he reached a stream, with a shiny two leg kind of thing jutting from the ground, pouring a mucky substance into the clear stream waters. "Ew! What, what is that?" Brickpaw asked. Dragonstar shook his head.

"I have no clue, but Brickpaw-" Dragonstar stopped. "

"What? What is it?"

"This is the Windclan stream."