Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

It was night. The same grey sheet that had once held the evening sky was still there. The usual moonlight, brighter then crystal, was trying it's best to break through, but it just couldn't. Dragonpaw was nudged awake from a warrior. "Yes, Molenose I know, I'm getting up," Dragonpaw sighed as he rose from his nest. 

"Remember, you can go back to sleep at dawn, then Lionblaze will be guarding," Molenose confirmed. Dragonpaw nodded and headed towards the cavern of which the prisoner was kept. Dragonpaw clawed his way onto the base of the rocks, and swiftly made his way around, his paws occasionally scraped on the rocks.

He pounced off, and landed on the soft yet cold grass, and padded up to the prison. He looked in, and could barely make out the silhouette of the loner named Eagle. Dragonpaw turned around, and sat his rump on a flat, old, Twoleg carved stone, then wrapped his tail around his paws. He looked up at the sky, hoping to see silverpelt and the stars, but this particular night had blocked off the view of Starclan for any and every cat. Dragonpaw's head hung in a slight sadness, and he sighed. 

"We could really use a miracle, Starclan," Dragonpaw whispered to himself. His thoughts on Starclan disappeared as he heard movement within the cavern. He turned around. "What are you doing in there?" he asked, loud enough for Eagle to hear. Dragonpaw turned around after he had received no reply, but then the prisoner approached the bramble bars.

"So, are you rude and disrespectful like the others who have been made to supervise me?" Eagle asked, concern within his gaze. Dragonpaw turned around again until he was muzzle to muzzle with the loner. Dragonpaw noticed that this prisoner looked very similar to him, only his pelt was longer, and he had green eyes.  "I...guess not," Dragonpaw replied, hesitant to find his answer. Eagle sighed and nodded.

"Can you tell me, why I have to stay prisoner when I've done nothing wrong?" Eagle asked, Dragonpaw could now hear the anxiousnes in his voice. Dragonpaw sighed, looking for the right words to use for this cat.

"I don't know. Were just following orders, Eagle," Dragonpaw announced. "How do you know my name?" the prisoner asked, a gleam of hope in his eyes. "You don't remember me? I'm Dragonpaw, I was there when you were captured," he replied.

Eagle sunk down, disappointed. "Oh, the one who tackled me down."

Suddenly, Dragonpaw felt sorry for this cat. He seemed friendly, just confused. "I wish my brother were still with me," Eagle whispered, mainly for himself. Dragonpaw turned around to face the prisoner. "Brother? So, there is more of you out there?" he asked. Eagle nodded.

"Actually, just my brother Red. When we lived in the wood place with our humans, until he ran away with his kitten one day," Eagle said. Dragonpaw began to feel his intrigue rise, and he was hungry for more info on this kittypet's past.

"Why'd your brother leave?" Dragonpaw asked, curiosity getting the best of him. Eagle turned to face the young, grey apprentice again, his soft eyes meeting his. 

"I don't really know. His kit had been born, and he decided to leave into the wild for something, but he mentioned he had to leave because the humans were going to get rid of us. I didn't believe him, but moons later it came to be that he was right, because I was thrown out into the wild near the mountains, and since then I traveled until I finally was stopped here, as your clan's prisoner."

Dragonpaw then fell into a vision. He saw a young grey kit walking with what he guessed, his father. He had two red stripes on his tail, and the rest of his pelt was white. He watched as they ran across a thunderpath, and then were captured by a group of cats. Then, his vision was lost as he heard Eagle's voice again.

"Hello...you alright?" he asked. Dragonpaw nodded. But, I'm not so sure right now.