13 | Lovebirds

More and more people were coming to the party, the music was getting louder and it was still 1 am

More and more people were coming to the party, the music was getting louder and it was still 1 am. She had almost finished her drink when a guy who thought he knew her, appeared.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"It's you!"

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sure it's you, I never forgot your face."

"Am I supposed to know you?"

"Maybe you don't remember me because of what you're drinking right now; alcohol."

"Ummm, okay? So... what? I don't remember you. Could you tell me who are you?"

The blond peered at her surprisingly.

"I was hoping you could remember me, but I was wrong. We met weeks ago."

"I'm sorry, I'm not the same person as I was weeks ago, you know?"

"I'm glad. But I need to tell you this, I never forgot you, maybe we could... do that again."

"No, I told you I'm not that person anymore, I was hurt, that's why I did that." Spencer was starting to get nervous, she didn't know how to tell that guy she didn't even remember to let her alone.

"Please, just give me a chance." He said as he took her arm firmly.

"I'm telling you I-..."

"Everything okay?" A voice called, and that blond guy let her arm go. "Now I get it." He said, and desappeared.

"Yeah Toby, it was fine, let's go dancing!" She said while taking him to the dancefloor.

"Okay, but let's get a drink first."

"You're going to drink, that's weird." She laughed.

"I start the police academy in a few days, and I won't drink for a long time, so..." "I remember that guy, I've seen him somewhere..." He said, after a short silence, as he handed Spencer her drink.

"Does it matter now?"

"No, let's go." He said putting an arm around her shoulders, with the drink in his other arm.

They spent the night laughing, dancing, and drinking with all the girls and Caleb, it felt like time had never broken their friendship, they felt so happy to be there, after so long.

"I need to go to the bathroom!" Hanna said.

"We'll go with you" Aria and Spencer responded.

"Okay, let's go."

In the bathroom Hanna stared at herself in the mirror, and started to put red lipstick in her lips.

"Girls, do you want a cigarette?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah please, I need it! Toby throws away all my cigarettes." Spencer shouted.

"Hanna! Since when do you smoke?" Aria asked.

"I only do it at parties!"

"I don't smoke, but let's go outside, I need some air!" Aria complained.

Once they were outside, Hanna picked up a pack of cigarettes from her pocket, and gave one to Spencer.

"Thank you."

"So, tell me Spence, I thought you broke up with Toby."

"Yeah, but he offered me to live with him because I left my house. I accepted. He's done a lot for me..."

"Why did you left your home?" Aria asked.

"Guys, I'll tell you another day, now it's not the time." Spencer said, the bruises in her arms were unnoticed because of the make up she put on them, and her dress covered the bruises in her stomach and her back.

"Okay, it's fine."

"Guys, I don't know... I think he still loves me."

"He does" Hanna assured her. "Anyone would notice it, it's in the way he looks at you."

"I know he still cared about me, but I didn't think..."

"Do you love him?" Aria asked.

"I tried to forget him during months, but now he's in my life again, and that proves that my attempts to get over him never worked, no matter what I did. I think... I never really stopped loving him."

"So...? Are you dumb? Tell him!" Hanna shouted at her friend.

"It's not so easy, I have to do it in the right moment."

"Don't wait too much." Aria warned her.

"I'll tell him as soon as I can, okay? Let's go inside." She said throwing away her finished cigarette.

♥️

It was 5 a.m., they were all drunk but they had never felt that happy in ages. Hanna and Caleb took a taxi to Caleb's, Spencer and Toby took another taxi to the loft and the others took the train.

"I remember... now!" Said Toby a little bit drunk, while he looked at the taxi's window.

"What?"

"That guy, I punched him in the face!"

"Toby, what are you talking about?"

"The guy who was talking to you, the blond."

"God... it's true, it's been a long time. Isn't it?"

"Yeah..."

"Toby, I know it's not the best moment but I wanted to thank you."

"Thank... me?" He answered, atonished.

"Why are you surprised? You let me into your house after everything, you've done a lot for me. I'll be grateful for ever, with you." She said as she got closer to him.

"You don't have to thank me, Spence... after all they did to you..." She knew what he was refering to.

They approached more, and more, until they could feel each other's breath.

"Spencer, I... We..."

"I know... just don't."  She said almost in a whisper, and then, she pressed her lips on his.

They were under the effect of alcohol but deeply they knew what they were doing, and it felt right. They held each other's body as the kiss was getting deeper...

"End of the road, lovebirds!"

I'm sorry it took me so long...😥