Chapter Seventeen

This is the most recent chapter I have written. It has been weeks since I wrote something for this story. I've been slacking, but here it is. I had fun writing this chapter, it made me smile and laugh. Hope you like it.

In the middle of a call with my dad, and just when Dereck left like a minute ago, Aiden barges into my office and plops himself right on my couch. I raise my eyebrow at him, wondering to why he’s making himself comfortable, and all he does is smile and wave.

Shaking my head, I turn my chair and face the window, continuing my conversation with my father. “And who is the one you want me to meet with dad?”

“Well it’s not really important right now princess. But your mother and I do want you to prepare for this meeting. It might be next month or so. With trouble over here in New York, its keeping us pretty occupied and we have our schedules booked,” my dad said.

“Okay then. So what exactly am I preparing for?”

“Well, it’s in the works, but we’re planning to work with another company to open something up in Europe. We have some ideas, and I’ll send you some files to look over. We want you to come up with the final idea, run it with us, and then present it. This is going to be really big princess, and it might take up a lot of your time. Do you want us to pull you out of school? Technically, you’ve already finished high school two years ago.”

By the sound of it, my dad really wants us to work with this other company. I wonder why. But pull me out of school? I mean, sure, I really don’t need it, but Lexi is there and it’s the only time I get to see Dereck every day. But I want to help my parents as much as I can.

“No, Dad, you don’t have to pull me out just yet. When it gets too overwhelming for me, I’ll let you know. So who exactly do I have prepare this meeting for?” I ask curiously.

“Have you heard of Giovanni World Corporation?” he asks.

Giovanni World Corporation? That sounds familiar, but why can’t I place it?

“Uhm, it sounds familiar.”

“Well, I’ll send you the file of the company as well. Review it and come up with something good. I’ve got to go now princess, your mother needs me. Hope everything is going well there. Say hi to Trent and take care.”

I don’t want them to worry about what happened last night. They’re stressed enough as it is. Slouching back into my chair, I turn back around and check my computer. From the corner of my eye, I see Aiden lying back on my couch with his arms tucked behind his head.

“Comfortable?” I can’t help but say it sarcastically.

“Very,” he smirks. “In fact, I could take a nap here.”

I give him an are-you-kidding-me look, then go back to pull up the files my dad sent. I scan over the ideas that my parents came up with, picking ones that I see some potential in, and then save them onto my laptop. I make a note to look over the file of Giovanni World tomorrow or later this week. Right now, I just want to leave.