Chapter Ten

I tensed up against Dereck. What the fuck is Aiden doing here now? Doesn’t he have a date or something? My boyfriend raised his eyebrow as I walked over to my desk to answer Jenny.

“Uh, thanks Jenny. Can you tell him to wait a few minutes? I need to finish up here with a client.”

“Ok, no problem Kat. Just beep when you’re ready for him.”

I looked back up at Dereck, giving him a small, apologetic smile. As if he understood my predicament, he smiled back at me and walked over to behind my desk where I was sitting on my chair. I turned to face him as he kneeled right in front of me, taking my hands in his.

“I guess this means that the boss has to get back to work?” he teased.

“Yes, and as much as I would love to spend more time with you, duty calls,” I giggled.

Dereck leaned forward to place a soft, lingering kiss on my lips. It was the sweetest thing ever. As he pulled back, I felt as if I was in a daze. He brought his hand up to my face, which I instantly leaned into.

“Don’t let this guy get under your skin, okay baby?” he said.

I nodded as I stood back up, pulling up Dereck with me. Holding his hand, I walked him up to the door to escort him out. I tip toed up to give him a peck, then opened the door to let him out. Dereck walked out towards the elevator, and I caught a glimpse of Aiden sitting on the couch smirking at me. I glared at him as I turned to Jenny.

“Hey Jenny, I just need to make a call real quick. I call when to send him in,” I said.

I turned away, closing my door and went to sit back down at my desk. I really didn’t have to make a call, I just needed to get myself together before meeting up with the asshole.

Taking a deep breath in and out, I straightened up in my seat, putting my professional face on and pushed the intercom button to let Jenny send Aiden in. Not a few seconds later, in walked the devil himself. His always present smirk is still there on his stupid face as he casually walked to my desk, taking a seat in one of the chairs.

“Well, don’t you look like the big, bad CEO behind that desk,” he retorted.

I glared at him. “What can I help you with, Mr. Crestwell?” I asked as calmly as possible.

“Oh not much, just thought I would drop by and pay a visit to my fiancée,” he said as he sat back. “And also try to figure out why she was on a date with a man earlier,” he shrugged.

Also sitting back in my chair, still staying unfazed by his presence, I answered. “For your information, it was not a date. I was meeting with a potential investor. He offered to meet for lunch and I did. And also, you do not have the right to just drop by whenever you please. I have a company to run and am very busy today. So if you please,” I gestured toward the door.

“Oh, Katalina. You must’ve forgotten that I am here to guide and help you run this place. I don’t doubt your skills, even at your young age. But you may make some mistakes and I am here to make sure you don’t,” he said as if it was a fact.