home, sweet home || non-au

A/N: christmas fluff, i wanted to write something as a gift for my girlfriend. hope you enjoyyy :) i loved writing thisss

*

Camila has always loved Christmas. There's something about the atmosphere, about the way people seem so much calmer around this time of the year, that makes her feel incredibly relaxed. Everything seems so cozy—parks, markets, cafés, restaurants—that she completely forgets about things that would normally stress her out.

When in Miami, the best part to Camila is, of course, actually being home. Being with her family. And her friends. Unfortunately, shestill doesn't have that special someone to share a blanket in front of the fire with, that someone who jokes about how exciting she gets about the flames, that someone who makes every place, even the crowded malls—the only thing she hates during Christmas—feel like home,that asomeone who holds her at night and kisses her nose because of how cute she is when she sees her presents—but she know she'll have them eventually.

(She actually thinks she's found that someone, she's just not with them. But she doesn't like to think about that. It makes her sad, and she doesn't want to ruin Christmas for herself.)

Back when she was in Fifth Harmony and they were traveling around the world, she found comfort in being with her bandmates. She found it in staying in warm places, in touring, in going skating on ice rinks with fake ice while the palm trees around her were moved by hot wind; she found it in sharing laughter with the people closest to her.

God, Fifth Harmony. Camila sighs. The love she still, after all these years, has for every single one of the four girls is unreal. And they seem to still love her as well—they'd surprised her a few days ago, out of nowhere, with a trip to Berlin, because Camila had kept texting them in the group chat, telling them time and time again that she really wanted to be somewhere cold over the holiday season for once, that she finally wanted to witness a white Christmas. And, being the great friends they still are, they'd given her a gift card a few days after her spam saying To make your greatest wish come true. XX

A grin spreads across her face. She still can't believe that her girls would do something that amazing for her. Just thinking back to it now, she's getting chills. She remembers smiling and laughing and crying when she'd gotten the card; it was just way too perfect, she couldn't believe it. And even now, as she's sitting on her hotel balcony in the German capital, with her face all lit up—both by the streetlights and her positive thoughts, the love she's feeling—she still can't fully believe she has friends who'd go out of their way to do her a favor this huge. Going to Berlin, with her, over the holidays? Choosing to make her happy over staying home with their families, their friends?

Her heart flutters as she's overcome by the happiness they're responsible for. By how lucky she is to have met them.

How lucky she is to have met her, Lauren.

She loves Lauren.

Don't get her wrong now, she loves all four girls, but if she's completely honest, she loves—has always loved—Lauren more. Okay– maybe she doesn't love her more, it would be unfair to say that—it's just different. It's a different kind of love. A love that makes her happy and unhappy, all at the same time. It makes her happy because the love she has for the girl fills her head and her whole body, and because it gives her chills whenever she's close to Lauren. The reason why it makes her unhappy, though? She feels like she loses her mind when Lauren isn't close to her. Like right now. It's especially bad right now. She knows Lauren is only a couple of steps away from her, and she knows Lauren is within reach—at least physically.

And she also, in a way, knows that the Cuban girl with the black hair is behind all of this, that Lauren is the reason why she's here at the moment, because only Lauren could talk her friends into taking Camila to Germany for the Christmas holidays. Lauren. Only Lauren.