good girl || non-au

A/N: explicit

set after the KCAs 2017

*

Lauren isn't sure how she's ended up on a completely different floor. Her hotel room is definitely not anywhere near this one. Nonetheless, she walks down the hallway. Stops at the end of it.

After waiting for a few moments and gathering what she thinks might be courage, she knocks on the door she's stopped in front of. She hasn't thought about what she's going to say. Hell, until a minute ago, she didn't even know she'd find herself here.

When the door is opened, all thoughts are vanished from her brain, anyway. Her breath catches in her throat at the sight in front of her.

Camila Cabello is hardly intimidating. Yet Lauren has never found herself at a loss for words quite like this before. Not in front of her friends, not in front of her band mates, and especially not in front of her.

Rolling her eyes, Camila gestures for Lauren to come in. The latter complies hesitatingly.

The door is closed, and Camila turns around and leans against it.

Lauren has absolutely no idea why she has come here in the first place. She can't come up with any kind of explanation for what has happened tonight. For the first time, she has absolutely no idea what to say or do.

Camila frowns, and then expectantly raises an eyebrow.

Lauren just stares at the door behind her ex band mate.

Seconds, maybe minutes pass. Lauren notices the sparkle in Camila's dark eyes. She's not sure what it means.

When Lauren does start speaking, Camila immediately cuts her off, "Save it."

Lauren tries again. "Camila, you don't even know–"

"I don't want to hear it. So don't. I had fun tonight. I don't need you to ruin it now. Nor do I want you to."

Lauren understands her, sort of. That doesn't mean, however, that she's going to give up easily.

"Please. Just hear me out." The sentence comes out more like a question than anything else.

After seemingly thinking about it for a second, Camila's face develops a suspicious smirk, and she motions for Lauren to go on.

"Thanks," Lauren whispers. "I know this entire thing is majorly fucked up. Just, please, believe me when I say none of this was us. It was management. We– you know us. We wouldn't do that kind of thing," she goes on. She waits for a moment, and when Camila doesn't interrupt her, she keeps talking, her voice growing louder. "I still can't get it into my brain that they'd actually make us do this," she says incredulously and lets out a breathy laugh. "That they'd make us miss your performance. Such an important one at that. Which is probably the point, but, I mean– God– Camila, I don't even know what to say. This is just– this is fucking shit," she ends her little speech.

Camila seems to have listened. The smirk on her face is gone, replaced by an unreadable expression.

There's nothing else Lauren can say right now, and she's not sure Camila would want to hear it, anyway.

She waits for a reaction of any kind.

And it follows.

Just– Lauren doesn't see it coming.

She's just about to say something else after all when lips press against hers, hard. It's almost bruising. She definitely doesn't know this side of Camila, and she's honestly kind of scared. (But she also really wants to find out more.)