[Chapter 2: Extraterrestrial]

The cold of the containment cell reduced as the warm air entered through the open door. Several guards first made their way into the room, and made a semicircle around me, their weapons ignited as if I was going to burst out of the heavy chains any moment.

After the guards filed in, the semicircle broke just a bit, to make way for their leader. My body tensed.

A tall slender being, suited in delicate silver armour, with elegant white designs decorating it, stepped into the circle. Unlike the guards its face was not obscured. It was bald and bore otherworldy features. Large sharp eyes took up almost half of its face, they were mostly white with small pupils. It had a thin delicate mouth, with nothing I assumed to be nose on its face. Two large slits crossed either side of its face and complex metallic devices were attached on both slits. The leader wore a crystalline headpiece, which signalled authority. The crystals looked terribly familiar to that of Ekhol, the crystals I learned about in the past, used to channel Akashic.

Its skin had a iridescent shimmer to it, reflecting light in faint multicoloured hues. The creature before me was strangely beautiful, in an otherworldly way. I expected much more gruesome-looking aliens and instead was met with delicate beautiful beings.

"You my dear, have been much of a hindrance," it said, its voice was robot-like, it had to be due to an inbuilt automated voice translator.

"Thank you for the compliment, I have much more in store," I said through gritted teeth, tugging the heavy chains making the guards get cautious, as they trained their weapons closer.

Their leader frowned ever so slightly, I could sense, if only a little, a twinge of fear. I was a threat. One they did not want to mess with.

It made a little hope flare within me.

"I see. Perhaps you would prefer to know what has happened to your fellow companions instead," it said.

I felt my blood turn to ice. General A-Roz, Uncle Elias and the other Atlanteans. The last I remembered, I communicated with Dr. V-Ron from the past, they had to be alive, in hiding.

"Your safe haven is mine. Half the Atlantean army was massacred, and the AHM333 is almost done rebuilding. I believe I have much more in store," it said with a malicious grin, revealing jagged sharp teeth, disrupting its beautiful outward appearence.

My heart stopped at the notion of the AHM333 rebuilding.

The Advanced Human Manipulator was what I successfully destroyed in order to foil the extraterrestrial plan to take control of humans. Destroying it created a rip in space time, transporting me to the past.

By destroying it I thought we finally had the upperhand, but now, it was being rebuilt, and the Atlantean army has been reduced to half. Whatever little hope I had, seemed to shatter.

The leader was definitely satisfied with my response.

"Now then, I have plans for you as well, Laila Chopra. I hope you're ready."

With that, it turned away and left, guards tailing it. The number of guards in charge of watching me doubled.

I was aching, hungry and frustrated. I felt hopeless, unable to think of an escape plan. What was happening to the other Atlanteans?

What was happening to Axel? He used to work with the extraterrestrials. He claimed to have turned his back on them. But now that he was here, was he going to get controlled to work for them again? I needed as much help as I could get to escape and return to wherever the Atlanteans were hiding. I needed Axel's help.

I also had the gnawing fear in my gut regarding the aliens' plans. What did they want to do to me? I could only imagine the worst.

And so I waited. Without speaking a word. Dwelling on my circumstances.

It was later, some time in the day, that a guard entered with a syringe, then proceeded to inject me. I felt energised moments later, and less hungry. I assumed it was a nutrition jab. They did not want me to starve, they had plans, and they needed me healthy and stable.

I fell asleep countless times for short moments. There was not much light in the containment chamber and the air was damp and stuffy. I had to assume we were underground.

Atlantis had underground tunnel systems. This had to be one of them. I had to figure out exactly where I was. I could only wait till they brought me out for their malicious plans.

I nodded off to sleep again.

This time I fell into a deeper slumber. A dreamless sleep.

-------------------------

I jolted awake when I heard the grinding metal door swing open. In came a thin hovering metal stretcher controlled by a couple of guards. One of the guards activated a cylindrical transparent device. Current travelled within it in visible blue sparks. Then the guard aimed it towards me.

My gut clenched in fear, but before I could react, the taser came in contact with my skin and everything went black.

--------------------------------

Laila was lowered onto the metal platform. She was cuffed in place, her neck, arms, legs and waist were held in place with the glowing metal.

The hovering platform brought her through the underground labyrinth till it reached the transporting tube. She was brought to the glass dome, the opening from the underground tunnels.

Atlantis spread out around the dome, a wrecked city.

Once in the laboratory, Laila was surrounded by several high officials.

"What are your next instructions?" said one of them.

"Scan her, dissect her, whatever you must. I want to know the source of her powers," said their leader.

The others nodded, and immediately brought her to the scanning chamber.

"But remember. I want her alive."

---------------------
A/N: Hi there! It has been a while. Leave a vote if you enjoyed the chapter.