Chapter 10

The next morning I awoke to the dreadful sound of an alarm clock. Groaning, I rolled over and glared at the vile little machine, then proceeded to unplug it. "Try waking me up now," I sneered, then rolled over and went back to sleep, only to be awoken once more by my phone's alarm.
"Damn you too," I growled and turned off the blaring noise. Sighing, I threw off my blankets and slid out of bed, opting to wear a white button up shirt, a pair of black slacks, and my (f/c) shoes. The walk down to the kitchen was busy as usual, and I found myself swerving to avoid groups of guards and soldiers with varying degrees of arms.
The kitchen was slightly busy too, members of our team and a few other people I didn't recognize mingled around eating their breakfast. There was no way I'd be able to make a decent meal with the amount of people inhabiting the room, so I grabbed a couple snack bars and made some instant coffee.
"Good morning lady (y/n)!" a deep voice behind me greeted. I turned around and came face to chest with the god of thunder.
"Good morning Thor!" I replied, backing up so that I could see his face without straining my neck, "You slept well I hope?"
"Yes, very well! Did you?"
"I did! Did you talk to your brother last night after I left?"
"No, he did not wish to speak with me."
"Oh," I said, disappointed. Thor looked away sadly and I frowned. Maybe, if he came with me Loki would be a little more willing to talk to him? I offered Thor the idea, but he said that Loki was as stubborn as he was mischevious, and me simply being there wouldn't make a difference. I knew he was right so I reluctantly gave up the hope that I could help them get along again. "But I'm sure he'd like to see you! He really enjoys your company," Thor spoke up, seeming to sense my disappointment.
"Yeah, I think I'll go and talk to him for a bit!" I answered, plastering a smile on my face, "Hey, by the way, if you do manage to convince Director Fury to let you take Loki back to Asgard, what...... what will happen to him?"
Well, I don't entirely know. He may be stripped of his powers for a time, maybe forever, he may be banished, or sent to Jotunheim."
I hummed and thought about the punishment Loki might receive.
"You are worried about him."
"Yes, I am. I'm not sure how punishments go as far as royalty when it comes to your home."
"I see. Don't worry, I will make sure that no harm comes to him!"
"Thank you!"
I turned to leave but was quickly pulled into a large hug by my new friend. "I'm glad he and you are so close! He's never had friends and I wasn't that kind to him when we were young." Slowly, I hugged back and told him it was my pleasure to be his friend! Eventually he let go and I was on my way down to see Loki. As I walked, I thought about what Thor had said. I was probably Loki's first friend! His childhood just seemed to get more and more depressing. I felt terrible for him!
After a few minutes I was outside Loki's cell. The guards in the hall had become accustomed to my frequent visits, and some of them waved when I walked by them. The woman that had come in the morning prior greeted me by the door, "Good morning Ms. (L/n)!"
"Good morning Avery!"
"Going to see Loki again?"
"Yep, Thor gave me some important information that I have to talk to him about."
"You know, if I didn't know any better I'd think there's something going on between you two," she laughed. I felt my face flush and I laughed awkwardly. Avery stopped laughing and eyed me suspiciously.
"There isn't actually something going on, right?"
"What? No! I mean, something about him is quite intriguing but no, nothing is going on," I said, partially telling the truth.
"Okaaay," Avery said, doubt lacing her voice heavily.
I said goodbye to her and opened the door. Loki stood with his back facing me again and I stopped a few feet away from the glass walls of his cell.
"Hello dear (y/n)," he said with his back still turned to me.
"Hello drama queen," I laughed.
He turned around with a small smile on his face. I could tell it was fake, and he seemed tense. My smile faltered and I quickly became worried.
"Loki, are you okay?"
"Yes, why wouldn't I be?"
"You look really tense and that smile is obviously fake."
Loki stopped faking his happiness and instantly became serious. He walked to the wall I stood behind and lowered his voice, "Something is going to happen."