Chapter 8

For some odd reason the fact that Loki had let me see his memories in my sleep bothered me more than it should have. He had done it so that I would understand and trust him, he wasn't trying to hurt me at all! The past few days had been stressful, and my lack of sleep probably wasn't helping either. I hadn't eaten since four in the morning too so likely I was having low blood sugar and that added to my harsh reaction! So I decided that after a decent meal and some sleep I'd go and apologize to Loki. As I made my way back to the kitchen I bumped into Tony.
"Hey, (y/n), I've been looking for you! You have a minute?"
"Huh? Oh, yeah!" I quickly wiped my face and turned around, hoping that the terrible lighting helped disguise my tear streaked face.
"Yeah. Actually, are you okay? You look like you've been crying! Did my argument with Capsicle upset you that much?"
"What? No, I'm fine!"
"You sure? Your eyes are red and puffy and you're sniffling a lot!"
"Yeah it's just um...allergies!"
Tony looked at me appalled and dragged me into a nearby room.
"Honestly how dumb do you think I am?"
"Not at all sir!"
"Then how the hell do you expect me to believe these are allergies?"
I sniffled in response. Of course I had to say something stupid like allergies! Where would I even get allergies on this ship?!
"Yeah I'm starting to realize how dumb I look."
"Great, so why are you crying? It doesn't have anything to do with Loki does it?"
"No," I lied.
"Okay, explain."
"It's just stress boss. And I haven't really properly slept with the whole jet lag thing or eaten since like, four am. My emotions are just all over the place right now, it's nothing to worry about!"
"Okay, thank you for finally telling the truth, now get to the kitchen and get some food you're practically shaking!"
"Thank you sir!"
He patted me on the back and I dashed out the door and down the hallway. Once in the kitchen I scavenged the cabinets for some food. After opening one, I came upon a glorious pack of ramen. I heated some water up and after it was boiled, poured it into a bowl with the rest of the needed ingredients. While I ate, I heard the door behind me open and I turned around. Tony stormed in and sat across from me, looking angry and ready to fight someone.
"Did you and Captain Rogers get into another fight?" I asked, wiping my mouth with a napkin.
"No," he said menacingly.
"Then why do you look ready to kill me?"
"You lied to me."
"I-I did?"
"Why didn't you tell me that Loki messed with you?"
Oh shit.
"Because I knew you'd react like this!"
"Why are you protecting him? He messed with your head and when I saw you crying I knew he had something to do with it!"
"Sir, he didn't really do anything to me! I reacted in the wrong way!"
"In the surveillance you said something about seeing his memories. What did you see that's making you protect him? Or maybe this is some kind of mind control and he's making you protect him!"
I hesitated. I couldn't tell Tony about Loki being a Jotun! Everyone here would use that against him! Well, maybe not Thor but everyone else would. But I couldn't say that this wasn't mind control without a reason!
"Last night I had a dream that I saw Loki's memories. Turns out, he had made me see them so that I could understand him without him talking about his past."
"What did you see?" Tony asked angrily.
"He had been fed a lie his entire life by his father. And It didn't help that Odin clearly favored Thor and liked to put Loki down as much as possible it seemed. So when Loki found out he was adopted, I guess that was the straw that broke the camel's back!"
Tony growled and began stomping off, but I stopped him. "Tony, please, just do me one favor. Don't hurt Loki, not because of me at least. He did nothing wrong to me, so I'd like to keep peace between us!"
"Fine, but only because you asked so nicely!"
"Thank you sir!" I called after him as he stormed out the door. A few minutes later I finished my soup and put my dishes in the dishwasher. It was starting to get late, so I decided to sleep after I apologized to my friend. Of course, a simple I'm sorry wouldn't cut it, I yelled at him for opening up to me! 

When I got back to his cell, I almost didn't see him.  He was curled up in a dark area of the container, his legs curled up to his chest and his face buried in his knees. His arms were wrapped almost protectively around his shins, and it hurt me to see him in such a state of sorrow.

"Loki?" I said quietly, not expecting and answer.
"What are you doing here (y/n)?"
I blinked. "That's a silly question! Isn't it obvious? I came to apologize!"
Loki looked up at me in confusion. "Why are you apologizing?"
"Because of what I said earlier. That was terribly rude and heartless of me to get so upset with you for showing me your memories. I have no proper excuse either. Can you forgive me?"