Chapter 7

I spent most of my day with Loki after my argument with Steve and Tony and tried to avoid the others. They were likely still on edge with each other and I didn't want to get involved with their fights. Not that I was complaining though, I enjoyed spending time with the god of mischief! Loki seemed to enjoy my company too, probably because I didn't hate him like the others did. I talked to him like he was a friend, not an enemy! Maybe I'd be able to gain his trust and he'd open up about his past! Unlikely, but there was no harm in trying, so I walked down to my new friend's cell to see him still sulking on the floor when I finally got back to him after grabbing a quick snack from the kitchen once I knew the others weren't still in there eating lunch.

"You look like a pouting child!" I laughed when I walked into the room.
"You left me in the middle of an important conversation!" Loki whined.
"We were talking about how much you hate your brother so it wasn't THAT important. Besides, he cares for you a lot!"
He huffed dramatically and looked away from me, pushing his bottom lip out and crossing his arms. I walked over to his cell and sat on my knees just as dramatically, and begged for his forgiveness, earning a laugh from him. "Oh please my king, will you ever forgive me? I am deeply sorry I did such a terrible thing to you!"
"Alright alright! You're milking it now!" he laughed.
"Does this mean I'm forgiven?"
"Yes I suppose it does."
"Oh thank you my king! I am forever in your debt!" Loki laughed heartily and told me to stop. I did as he requested and got off my knees, opting to sit normally so that my legs didn't ache when I stood up again. "I'm surprised you became so nice to me so quickly!" I said, hugging my knees to my chest.
"How come?"
"Well, you seemed pretty intent on killing me in Germany, but then you switched completely after I began interrogating you! Why is that?"
"I don't really know myself. I guess that I wanted to be close to someone here in case something happens! Maybe someone to protect or go to for protection and comfort. Maybe both!"
"Huh, why me though?"
"You looked friendly enough! You didn't threaten me as soon as you walked in so that was a relief."
"Are you saying you care about me?" I snickered playfully. He looked at me in disbelief and said, "What are you a child?"
"You didn't answer my question!"
"Yes, I suppose in a way I do. You are the only one that's been kind to me so far anyway!" he sighed. I giggled like a child and he rolled his eyes. "Now you're the insufferable one," he said. A silence passed between us and I began thinking about my dream again. Somehow I had managed to remember all of it, unlike most dreams I've had! It was so odd, and when Loki had turned slightly blue when I had asked about his past, was that just the lighting playing tricks on me or was he actually a Jotun? I had so many questions about it, but I couldn't tell him about that dream. There's no way he'd take me seriously!
"What are you thinking about?" I heard Loki ask.
"Nothing, don't worry about it."
"Good! Because I wanted to ask about your dream."
I nearly choked on air. Shit! I had forgotten that I had tried to talk about it earlier!
"Oh, it's nothing! Forget about it," I said, hoping he'd move on.
"No, it obviously isn't! It had something to do with me didn't it?"
"What? No! Why would you think that?"
"Because you had asked about my past before you began talking about your dream. What happened in it (y/n)?"
I was silent as I tried to figure out a way to get out of telling him about what I had seen. "(Y/n), what happened in your dream?"
"Why do you care so much about it?"
"It has something to do with me! I deserve to know what it was!"
I huffed angrily, deciding that there was no way I could get out of telling him unless another guard came in.
"Fine, I'll tell you."
"Thank you!" he said frustratedly.
"Last night, for some odd reason I dreamt that I saw your memories."
"Oh?" he said, although something in his voice told me he wasn't surprised.
"Yes, I saw you as a child trying to make your father happy, I saw you as a teen trying to comfort your brother after an apparently important day of his was ruined, I saw you find out that you were...weren't asgardian, and I saw you," I paused, remembering the scene where he had died, "and I saw you die."
I looked at Loki and locked our eyes together. Instead of being surprised, he just looked sad. "I see," he said quietly. I narrowed my eyes at him, something wasn't right. He almost seemed like he knew what my dream was.
"You...you knew about my dream! How?" He looked away as if he were ashamed.
"Loki how did you know about my dream?"
"I put it in your head," he said, almost too quietly for me to hear.
"You....what?"
"I made you dream about my memories! I put them in your mind and made you see them."
I stared at him wide eyed. I didn't know if I should be angry since he messed with my brain, or happy that he deemed me trustworthy enough to see them. "Why?" I finally said after what felt like an eternity.
"Because you're the only person that's ever been nice to me! I wanted you to see them and to understand why I am the way I am! I needed to to trust me!"
"You nearly killed me Loki! If you want me to trust you after Stuttgart you could have just apologized, not answered my questions in riddles, and not tried to rummage through my head!"
Both of us had tears spilling down our faces and I stood up. Loki looked up at me and watched me leave. Before I walked out I heard him say, "I'm sorry (y/n), please forgive me!"
I only sniffed, and walked out. The guards gave me funny looks but I walked off before they had the chance to ask me anything.