019

"so what are your intentions with my baby?" momma questioned as she dragged her knife alone her well done steak, fork in her other hand to keep it steady.

trinity kept quiet, stuffing some mashed potatoes in her mouth.

"well i like her and i've told her that," he started, growing nervous. her mom was very intimidating. "i unfortunately don't live in new york so it would be a long distance thing, but we have friends out here so it isn't a problem to fly out here and see her,"

"so you want to be with my baby?" she rose a brow, "as in date,"

"of course,"

"where exactly do you live?" nana asked.

"i live in california with my band," he said, glancing at trinity who looked uninterested at the moment.

"trinity?" her mom caught her attention. brandon watched her straighten up, eyes going big as she looked around to see who called her name. when she realized it was her mom, she slouched back down again.

"how do you feel about brandon?"

she sighed, "i wanna be with him momma. i don't let just anybody meet the two craziest people in my family," she played around in her vegetables before taking a bite.

"the distance is pretty long, yeah?"

"yeah," brandon intervened, "but i can make it work," he shrugged.

"i hope you don't mean by taking my daughter all the way across the world?"

"momma," trinity groaned.

brandon paused, "i actually wanted her to go with me for new years," he smiled, looking over at trinity to see a shocked look on her face.

"please momma, can i go?"

"for how long?"

"i was hoping for the month of janurary just so i can save money, but if yiu wanted her back by the next day, i could do that as well," he tried not to boast, but at this point the lady was making him kind of mad. trinity would be eighteen pretty soon and she basically controlled every little thing she did.

"a whole month? i think that's actually a great idea," nana spoke up. her own daughter turned to her with a crazy expression on her face.

"you don't even know the boy and you want to send your granddaughter with him?"

nana shrugged, "well that's the point of him being a nice young man and paying for our dinner. he could be just like these little new york hood rats and treat her wrong, but here he is trying to do his best," nana could sende brandon was getting annoyed, and it was upsetting her seeing as he really seemed like a genuine guy. she knew her granddaughter wasn't going after just anybody so she trusted this one.

momma frowned, "i'll have to think about that," she muttered.

"don't you think your being rude momma?" trinity asked with a scrunched up face, "you weren't being this rude earlier so why the sudden change?" she tried not to get loud and turn back into the old her where she would disrespect her mom in public. she didn't care so much about getting loud infront of brandon cause' he would get used to it anyway.

momma sighed, dropping her utensils on the table, "as much as i love that you aren't my baby," she frowned, "you aren't my baby anymore,"

"i'm bound to get older, have a boyfriend, get married and have kids just like you did. i'm sure nana felt the same way about dad when he got into his first serioud relationship,"

"no i didn't," nana muttered, eating her mashed potatoes.

"i'm sorry brandon," momma sighed again, turning to look at the boy, "i'm not usually so hostile and rude, but i can see for the first time in a while that trinity is actually happy and i guess it makes me scared because it has to do with a boy,"

he gave her a lopsided smile, "it's perfectly fine," he grabbed trinity's hand that rested in her own lap, "i really mean no harm to your daughter and i know it's been a short time, but this is why i want to take things slow and do it the right way,"

trinity smiled.

"i figured i should meet her mother before i ask her to be my girlfriend and leave back home anyway," he shrugged, looking over at her.

her jaw dropped, nearly emptying the chewed up steak and potatoe mix she had just started eating. she quickly closed her mouth, pushing the food to the side, "what?"

"i said what i said," he smirked, "will you be my girlfriend?" he asked again, ignoring nana who let out a loud cackle filled with joy and her momma who could only smile lovingly at the pair.

"of course you idiot," she finally swallowed the food, letting out a laugh as she gripped his neck, pulling him into an awkward hug.

"my baby," mama muttered.

"oh hush," nana used her pruse to swipe momma.

"now can we please cut the night short so i can go spend some time with my boyfriend," trinity smiled, pulling out of the hug just in time to hear brandon's chuckle right by her ear.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

im so off track, this
was supposed to be up
YESTERDAY but i failed
lmaoo.