Chapter 23

Macey quickly texted Ashton that she didn't have time to hang out with him after work, that she already had plans with Michael. She put her phone away afterwards and concentrated on work again.

The girl just had a few more minutes, and she knew Michael was already waiting for her outside.

It was pretty quiet at her workplace, the only people left were working on the computers, probably hosting the company's homepage.

Macey cleaned up her stuff and started to get ready to leave. After she said goodbye to her co-workers she made her way outside of the building.

She immediately recognised the car standing outside and got in the passenger seat.

"Hey, Kitten." Michael smiled at her and leaned in to give her a quick kiss.

"How was your day?"

The boy shrugged. "The same as always. Oh, and Nathalie stopped by and basically bought half the store."

Macey giggled. "Sounds like her."

The boy started the car and left the parking lot. "How was yours?"

"Boring, we just organised stuff today."

Michael nodded and skipped a few songs until All Time Low was playing loudly in the car.

"Where are we going?"

"To this new Mexican restaurant Calum and I found. The food is really good."

Macey smiled. "Sounds perfect, I'm pretty hungry anyway."

"Me too."

After an evening filled with bad jokes, singing, good food and a few kisses the couple lied in Michael's bed, cuddling. They just stayed silent and enjoyed each other's company, listening to the other one breathing, to their heartbeat, just being in each other's arms.

"Macey?" His voice was a bit raspy, yet soft and warm, as usual.

"Michael?" Hers was just a whisper, she only mumbled his name.

"I love you."

But Macey stayed quiet.

----------------------------------------------
Well... oops