Chapter 8

Macey was passing by endless graves, but not his, she was avoiding it without even knowing, although it was the only reason why she even was there.

The girl kicked a few stones out of the way while walking slowly. It was raining slightly and she breathed in the fresh air, filling her lungs completely with it, a feeling of calmness and serenity surrounding her, embracing her. And for a second, just a second, she allowed herself to actually feel calm, not nervous and uneasy like she did all the time.

There were no people in sight, which somehow made her feel better, despite the fact that that meant she was alone at the slightly scary graveyard.

At least she thought she was, until the girl saw the silhouette of a boy standing right in front of her ex-boyfriend's grave.

She immediately stopped walking, and her eyes winded. The person was dressed in all black and Macey could only see his back. He still stood quite far away, but Macey couldn't help but be anxious about the fact like who he looked like.

No, no, no, no, no, she kept mumbling, and a discussion in her head started on whether to go there or just turn around and run away.

Curiosity won and the girl speeded up her pace, and as soon as she was just a few metres away anymore she sighed in relief.

"You two were the same height."

The boy jumped as he suddenly heard his friend's voice and turned around. When he saw her he smiled at her weakly.

"You mind?" she asked quietly.

Ashton shook his head and Macey took a step forward so that she was standing next to her friend.

"You mind?" he asked the same she did. When Macey shook her head as well the boy laid his arm around her shoulder.

"You shouldn't put the hood of your jacket up when you are standing here."

"Why not?"

"Because you scared me."

Ashton nodded, Macey didn't need to explain a lot for Ashton to understand what she meant. "I won't."

"Thank you."

They were both standing in silence for a while and Macey leaned against Ashton a little. "This is weird... but I miss him."

"It's not weird, you forgive very easily, and you pushed all the bad memories to the side, so it makes sense that you miss him."

The girl nodded and closed her eyes. "I guess."

"When was the last time you were here?"

"Last month."

Ashton sighed. "We have the first."

"Yesterday, after work. But I just took the long way home and passed by for a few minutes."

The girl knew exactly what her friend was thinking, but he didn't say anything, he didn't need to.

At this point even Ashton started to question if Macey was ready to move on, he really didn't know.

And Macey didn't know either.