Chapter 2

I looked down at my hands and balled them into fists.

"It's not rational. One day, the Ministry of Education will learn." I looked up at Mr. Aizawa. 

"Bakugo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam." He brought our attention to this boy with blonde spiky hair. He looked a little caught off guard and gasped a bit. "What was your farthest distance throw with a soft ball when you were in junior high?"

"Sixty-seven meters, I think." The boy named Bakugo answered. Now that I think of it, his name seems really familiar, and his hair too...

"Right. Try doing it with your quirk."

Not soon after Bakugo was standing in the middle of one of the ball throwing circles. We all watched as Mr. Aizawa explained the rules.

"Anything goes, just stay in the circle." Bakugo looked at him as he continued. "Go on. You're wasting our time."

Bakugo stretched his throwing arm and looked at the teacher with an almost snobby look. Actually it was more of a bored look.

"All right, man, you asked for it." He took a step forward and moved his hands up and down around his body to get some momentum. 

"Die!" Bakugo growled while he shot the ball into the air with a bunch of fire power following behind it. Everyone watched in amazement, well everyone but Midoriya. He looked, more, shocked.

"Oh woah." Was all he said. I was just questioning why Bakugo said die.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities." Mr. Aizawa spoke up as we all watched the ball hit the ground. Or well what we could see since it was so far away. Mr. Aizawa's phone beeped and he looked back at us.

"It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero." He then showed us his phone and the number on it made everyone gasp, once again.

"Woah, 705 meters, are you kidding me?" This one guy said. Then this pink hair, and pink skinned girl spoke up.

"I wanna go! That looks like fun!"

"This is what I'm talkin' about, usin' our quirks as much as we want!" Another kid called out.

"So this looks fun, huh?" Mr. Aizawa said in a scary tone getting all of us to look at him. "You have three years here to become a hero. You think it's all gonna be games and play time?"

Midoriya looked down.

"Idiots." Mr. Aizawa said with a creepy smile. "Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately."

"Huh?!" We all yelled with shocked looks on our faces. Out of everyone here Midoriya looked the most shocked. He held his fist and looked at it. It was shaking pretty bad.

"Like I said, I get to decide how this class runs. Understand" Mr. Aizawa said while moving some of his hair out of his face to give us a good look. "If that's a problem, you can head home right now."

I looked around at the class. Then I spoke up.

"You can't send one of us home!" I said. Then the rubble girl added on to my statement.

"Yeah, we just got here! Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair!"

"Oh and you think natural disasters are? Or power-hungry villains? Hm? Or catastrophic accidents that wipe out whole cities? No. The world is full of unfairness."

I gulped as he carried on talking.

"It's a hero's job to try to combat that unfairness. If you wanna be a pro, you're gonna have to push yourself to the brink. For the next three years, UA will throw one terrible hardship after another at you. So go beyond. Plus Ultra-style." Mr. Aizawa motioned his finger towards him, pulling us in.

"Show me it's no mistake that you're here."

Everyone gasped and the guy talking to Midoriya earlier took out his water bottle and started to drink some water. I brushed some of my hair out of my face and took a deep breath. Bakugo started warming up his arms again, while the rubble girl pulled her hands up into fists looking determined.

"Now then. We're just wasting time by talking. Let the games begin."

The first test was a 50-meter dash. The two people went up first which was the boy from earlier and a girl with green hair. I was up beside the rubble girl and was getting ready when she started tapping her cloths and her shoes.

"Get set," The timing robot said and then a gun shot went off signaling us to run. The girl started to run and I slid on threw with my ice.

"3.59 seconds!" The robot called. I jumped with joy as I waited for the other girl to make it over the line. I gave her a high five and we carried on with the tests. Test 2 was grip strength. Lets just say, I wasn't exactly the best, but I wasn't the worse either. In the middle was where I was.

Next test was the standing long jump. I flew over the sand with my fire power and everyone else did their jumps. Midoriya fell on his butt in the sand. Then we had repeated side steps. Did that pretty good. Then it was test number five. The ball throw. Uraraka used her quirk, zero gravity and her ball was thrown up into the sky never to return.

"Infinity!" I yelled surprised. She blushed in embarrassment and ran over to me.

"You did really good Ura!" I said giving her another high five.

"Thanks, you did too!"

Then it was Midoriya's turn. I wonder how this is going to go. He stood there ready and got into his stance. Soon this big rush of power seemed to be emanating off his arm and he started to throw the ball. But when he threw it, it didn't go very far. He mumbled to himself and then Mr. Aizawa spoke up.

"I erased your quirk. The judges for this exam were not rational enough. Someone like you should never be allowed to enroll at this school."

"Wait, you did what to my-- Ah! Those goggles. I know you! You an look at someone and cancel out their powers. The Erasure Hero. Eraser Head!" He called out. Everyone gathered.

"Eraser? Who's that?" A guy said.

"Oh, I've heard of him. I think he works on the down low." Tsu said.

"Your not ready. You don't have control over your power. Were you planning to break your bones again? Counting on someone else to save your useless body?"

"No! That's not what I was trying to do!"

Mr. Aizawa pulled Midoriya in with his scarf and had a talk with him. Soon after he let Midoriya go, and he went back into the circle. Midoriya stood in the circle once again. We all watched him, waiting for what he was going to do.

He got into his stance and threw the ball. But he only used his power in his finger tip and launched the ball into the air.

"Mr. Aizawa. You see? I'm still standing."

I looked over at Mr. Aizawa.

"This kid..."

Everyone was happy for Midoriya and was giving him complements. Bakugo charged after him but was stopped my Mr. Aizawa. After that, we all continued with the test until there was no more.

We all stood in front of Mr. Aizawa waiting for our results.

"All right, time to give you your results. I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already. I'll just pull up the while list. It's not worth going over each individual's score."

Mr. Aizawa soon projected everyone's score and I looked for mine. But when I though I found mine it wasn't my first name.

"Shoto Todoroki?" I asked quietly. I didn't notice but the with red and white haired boy looked at me.