Chapter Twenty Four - Dark Youth

Fourteen months ago...

Vivian's POV

"You know," he sneers. "It isn't right that you spend more time with him than you do with me."

"I'm sorry," I apologize frantically. "He is nothing more than a friend. Bennett and I will never have feelings for each other. I only love you, Damien."

"You had better," he grunts. Then pushes his lips to mine roughly. I gasp at the intensity and Damien pushes harder. I am straddling him in his car, parked outside my house. Fortunately, or unfortunately if you really think about it, no one cares if I have intimacy with him, right here. It's pouring rain outside, the rain splattering against the window sounds like music in my ears.

His tongue forces it's way into my mouth, his lips continue kissing mine forcefully, and his hands grip my hips. He leaves trails of small kisses down to my neck where he creates a large love bite, I flinch away from the feeling. I've never enjoyed when he leaves his marks. When I accidentally break the kiss, I receive a glare from the man I am straddling.

"I-"

"Get out of my car," he snaps. I open and close my mouth, not knowing how to respond. He likes to snap at me sometimes, I don't mind it though. When he hits me, those are the times I am afraid.

"W-why?" I ask in a broken voice.

"I have to go, Vivian. Now get the hell off my lap," he instructs. "Unless you're going to give me a lap dance, that is."

I frown and start to climb off my temperamental boyfriend. His hands catch my waist, lowering me onto him again. I bite my lip in anticipation. I never know what he's thinking, it's unnerving.

"I am done waiting," he says. "Either have sex with me, or I will make your life a living hell."

"How would you-"

"Shut up, Vivian." Damien clasps his hand over my mouth. "This is an ultimatum."

"I-" I try to speak against his hand, but he only restricts me even more, so much so that I have hard time sucking in air.

"So, what will it be?" Damien raises his eyebrow. My fingers attempt to pry his strong hand from my mouth. I whimper when he increases the pressure, squishing my nose into my face painfully.

"Damien!" I cry.

He finally removes his hand and I gasp for breath, falling against him helplessly. Damien just chuckles lightly, resting his hand over my butt. I want to smack his hand away, but I know exactly what the consequences would be. I smack his hand, he smacks my face.

It's fair, though. I owe him everything, my life. He saved me from a dark place that resulted from my depressing youth. I was broken and he mended me.

"I'm not sure.." I whisper and Damien stiffens beneath me.

"What do to mean you're not sure?" He snaps. "Vivian, we love each other. I don't know what else you need, I didn't realize I was dating a prude."

"I am not a prude," I defend.

"Oh yes, you are very prudish. It was one of the things I liked about you, but now it's just irritating. The fact that I have to go to some slut to please myself," he tightens his grip around my hips.

"What do you mean?" I ask in a panic.

"You don't really think I've been abstinent since we've become monogamous, do you?" Damien laughs.

I bite my lip, hard, to keep the tears at bay. Ever since Damien and I started officially dating a few months ago, I cry more. Not that I didn't cry in the past, but I was more numb to the pain of my everyday life. Now, random things will cause me to break down in tears. Maybe that's what love does, it makes every emotion stronger so life is more interesting and worthwhile.