Chapter Twenty - After School Activities

Perry's POV

I walk into the lunch room and spot Tessa immediately. She's the most beautiful girl in this school, everyone's eyes are plastered to her. She doesn't realize it, though. Which is both annoying and endearing. If she was self-centered, narcissistic, and arrogant, I wouldn't like her. She's the kindest girl I have ever met, besides Faye of course.

"Perry!" Tessa waves me over to her empty table. I grab a lunch tray and quickly fill it up with semi-edible food before walking over to her table. I sit down across from her and she gives me a stunning smile.

"Hey Tessa," I greet, trying to keep the nervousness out of my voice.

"So, I was thinking.. are you doing anything after school today?" Tessa starts a conversation. I shake my head no and she continues.

"Well, there's this band playing at a local coffee shop, and I was wondering if you may want to go with me?" She sounds confident that my answer will be yes.

"Yeah, that sounds fun." I smile.

"Good, the band is called-"

"Perry- I need to talk to you," a voice rudely cuts Tessa off mid-sentence.

I turn around to see a frantic Vivian. She looks frazzled and shaken, her eyes are darting all over, not able to concentrate on one spot. Why is she even talking to me?

"What Vivian?" I sigh.

"Privately," she looks directly at Tessa with menacing eyes. How dare she?

"Couldn't you go annoy someone else?" I snap and Vivian's face drops. She looks scared and heartbroken, I don't see why she would be because of me. She doesn't even like me.

"No I-"

"Vivian, is it?" Tessa smiles a fake smile and stands from her chair.

"Perry and I are having a conversation, so if you could please leave, it would be great." Tessa states civilly.

"Fine, never mind. I'll see you later at tutoring?" Vivian looks at me intently. I look at Tessa and she raises one perfectly sculpted eyebrow. Damn, I forgot about my tutoring session.

"Sorry, something came up." I lie. Vivian's face goes from hurt to cold in the blink of an eye. She just nods slowly before retreating out of the cafeteria and I am left wondering what the hell just happened.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Vivian's POV

After Tyler's threat, I shut down. Instead of going to class, I stayed hidden in the janitors closet until I heard the bell signifying lunch rang. I couldn't concentrate on much of anything, but I did know one thing. I need help from someone smart. Only one person comes to mind when I walk through the halls. Perry, he's a nerd, and most nerds know a thing or two about technology. I hope that maybe he could track the number Damien is using to a specific location. Then I can confront Damien now before anyone else can get hurt. If Perry can't help me, then I will text Damien to ask to meet up. It's clearly the more dangerous option, but I'm desperate.

I enter the cafeteria and see Perry talking to and sitting next to that Evelyn girl he likes. Good for him, I just hope he won't be too pissed at me for dragging him away. I quickly walk up to him and interrupt Evelyn. She glares at me when Perry turns his head to look at me.

"Perry- I need to talk to you," I say with a voice I do not recognize. I sound frightened and desperate.

"What Vivian?" Perry sounds surprised at my sudden appearance.