Chapter Thirteen - Hurricanes

"Wake up." A voice pulls me from my darkness. It felt wrong to be disturbed. I felt strong hands shake me lightly. It didn't hurt, but definitely was uncomfortable enough to wake me up.

When I open my eyes, Finn's worried face is all I see. He's holding my frigid hands. My body is so cold, I've never felt this cold. My clothes were still wet, causing my shivering.

"We need to get you out of those clothes. I found a extra shirt in the back you can wear. Nothin else was available, but I think without those wet clothes, you'll warm up. Right now, I'm afraid you'll turn blue!" Finn tries to lighten the mood. I laugh weakly.

"Okay. You'll have to help me though." I agree. My head was still buzzing. I had no strength in my arms or legs. Both felt like they weighed double their normal weight. I could barely even move. I just wanted to sleep.

"Alright, just let me sit you up. I'll do the rest." He assures me. I smile in gratitude.

Finn lifts me off the ground effortlessly and positions my upper half against the nearest wall. My head immediately fell onto my shoulders. I couldn't hold my own head up. I was simply exhausted.

I look around the room. It was considerably small, with white walls and floors. It wasn't an attractive room in any definition. A desk was pushed to the very corner of the room to make a space for a stack of pillows, a first aid kit, and a CPR machine.

Finn takes my shoes off first. I can barely comprehend the tugging. Then he moves up to remove my shorts. Thankfully, I wasn't wearing anything that would be too difficult to remove. He had to lift my body up slightly to ease the shorts off. He moves up to strip my shirt off. It felt like he was peeling off a layer of skin. I shivered relentlessly when he began taking it off.

"Are you okay?" Finn asks nervously. I nod my head lazily. He smiles in sympathy. Deep in my brain, I hear my consciousness growl. I really hated sympathy of all kinds.

Since I can't lift my arms up well myself, Finn has to hold one arm up and peel my arm from that sleeve. Then he has to repeat that process on my other arm. When the shirt was finally laying loosely around my neck, I began relaxing again. Finn slaps my cheeks lightly.

"Not yet." He looks at me sternly. I watch his quick movements as he lifts the shirt off my cold skin. I shiver again. I watch his facial expression when he sees my bruises, first he looks angry, then he looks utterly sad. He grabs the new shirt and slips it over my bare skin. Since the shirt was short sleeved, it didn't offer much warmth.

"What's your name? I never got the chance to ask you." Finn sits in front of me. I know he is trying to distract me from the call of unconsciousness.

"Vivian. Vivian Parker." I slur. My thoughts are scattered and all I can focus on is Finn. His sandy hair, tan skin, and blue eyes were perfectly balanced. He looked like he was an Abercrombie & Fitch model.

"It's very nice to meet you, Vivian Parker. Do you go to Jenkins High School? I'm a senior there." He smiles at me.

"Junior," Words are becoming hard to form. All I wanted was sleep! Why couldn't this annoying guy understand?

"Maybe we will see each-" His voice drifted off. The constant light slaps against my cheeks couldn't keep me conscious. I wanted the sleep void. It was comforting.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ryder's POV

"Seriously? Ugh! I'm gonna get all wet!" Charlotte wailed and whined about the pouring rain. We had to get into school before the storm, which had turned into a hurricane, got too bad.