21 ✔️

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE :

Break

Jungkook woke up with his father cooing, unlike for his brothers who were woken up by him nagging on their ears. Jungkook didn't know why his father did that, but he was quite thankful because his head started to hurt this morning. Jin told him to go and get dressed while he himself gets up to take a shower. Silently getting out of bed, Jungkook's feet padded on the wooden floor as he went to the maknaes' room to get ready. He got in with his brothers half-asleep, groggily grabbing the stuff that they need for Friday activities.

"Kookie-ah." Taehyung yawned, almost throwing himself to the youngest and gave a sleepy grin. "Where were you last night? I—" Taehyung let out another big yawn, his big mouth that could almost swallow Jungkook whole. "—was looking for you and you weren't on your bed."

"Ah, hyung." Jungkook scratched the nape of his neck, a sheepish smile on his face while turning to the closet to grab his change of clothes. "I needed to pee, so I kinda woke up early." He almost gritted out, knowing that Taehyung could almost sense his lie. There were obvious signs which indicate that the maknae is lying, like his ears turning red. Fortunately, the youngest twin shrugged it off and went to bug a half-asleep Jimin. Jungkook could hear a whine and a giggle before he heaved out a heavy sigh.

After sensing the twins leave the room, that's when he entered the bathroom with his thoughts on his father.

"See you next week, Kookie!"

Jungkook inwardly cringed while trying his best to wear his signature bunny smile towards the group of girls, all of them squealing as he waved goodbye and ran towards the car. His brothers were already seated on their respective places, mouths open and their eyes twinkling with humor. Jin saw it too, and decides to tease the shy maknae.

"Yah, Kookie has fangirls?" Namjoon breathed out in disbelief, his eyes wide and looking at the crowd of girls giggling on the side while trying to find Jungkook in the car. Jin shook his head and stepped on the pedal, saving Jungkook from further embarrassment. "I can't believe our little man has fangirls." Jin chuckled, shaking his head slightly as the six boys looked at him. "I raised him well."

"Yah, does that mean we're ugly?" Yoongi furrowed his brows, pouting at the window when Hoseok who snorted. "Probably only you, hyung." Hoseok answered, gaining hollers from the maknaes and Namjoon, and a red-faced Yoongi who swore under his breath.

"Kim Hoseok." Yoongi cracked his knuckles, and suddenly the car went silent. Yoongi looked at Hoseok like what a predator would eye his prey, and Hoseok got the violent chills that tickled his spine. "You didn't realize we are sleeping in the same room, right?"

"Oh."

"Yeah, hyung." Jimin whispered beside Hoseok. "And you ain't allowed to come in our room too. We want to save ourselves from Yoongi-hyung's wrath."

"Yah! You're my brother." Hoseok cried, clutching Jimin's shoulders while looking at Yoongi with wide, shaky eyes. He could feel chills down his spine and imagine what Yoongi would do to him when they arrive home. Jimin shook his head sadly at Hoseok. "Not at this moment, not today. Maybe tomorrow when you two are done."

"Yah!"

Jin snorted when Hoseok shook Jimin's shoulders wildly, giving a pleading look to Taehyung who ignored his hyung while Jungkook just looked at everyone confused. Namjoon was still looked shocked at the revelation, while Yoongi glared mockingly at Hoseok and slapping his fit on his open palm.

A sentimental feeling went through Jin, making him smile sadly while looking at his house getting nearer and sighing.

Jin eyed Hoseok and Yoongi who had their heads down, silently eating while the others were chattering across the table. Dinner started five minutes ago, but Jin couldn't bear to eat unless the two quiet ones start. The father always looks at his children eat silently and happily before he could; he doesn't want to eat when his children aren't, because he wants to know, of course, if his children are well.

As long as they are fine and happy, then he is too.

"Appa..." Jin blinked and looked at the owner of the voice, but saw everyone looking at him. His sons held a concerned look on their faces, making his chest tighten and his eyes quite glossy. "Why aren't you eating? Your food's gonna be cold." Taehyung pouted, his chopsticks now on the plate and Jin noticed that everyone stopped eating. The two quit hyungs also looked up to stare at him, an expression of concern evident on their faces.

Jin swallowed and started to stutter, trying to conceal his expression with an annoyed while. "Y-yah, don't mind me and eat your dinner. You have homework to do later too so hurry up and—"

"Appa..." Jungkook whined, pointing his little finger at Jin's plate. "Eat first, please."

"Yeah. You should eat to be strong like me!" Jimin grinned toothily, making Namjoon and Yoongi almost twist their faces because of Jimin's cuteness. Jin noticed it and his eyes almost watered. "Alright." Jin grabs his chopsticks, but makes no move to eat and looks at the two silent boys. "I will eat if Yoongi and Hoseok does."

Hoseok looked at Jin wide-eyed while Yoongi only looked at the side, arms crossed. "I-I'm not hungry..." Hoseok murmured, which made Taehyung point at his brother accusingly with wide eyes. "Yah! Your stomach was complaining minutes ago, hyung! Stop lying and take care of yourself." Taehyung huffed, thinking that his statement would easily be dismissed as a little matter. In fact, this triggered something within Jin that made him stand up.

Hoseok flinched, because of Jin's sudden gesture, and became scared for his life. It's not like a father would just bolt up from his seat out of the blue with a shocked look. Yoongi was still unbothered, but his attention was focused on their father, on what he would do next; scream his lungs out about how much they are not taking care of themselves, nag the lives out of them, or walk away from the table without a single care for the two brothers.

Jin's head was bowed down, and Jungkook was surprised to see a single tear escape.

Their father was crying.