11 ✔️

CHAPTER ELEVEN :

Jealousy is a Green-Eyed Monster

Jungkook has been attached to Cooky ever since Jin gave him that as a birthday present. Wherever Jungkook goes, Cooky is either on his hand or arm. Jimin and Taehyung always pouted whenever Jungkook plays with Cooky, no longer asking for his hyungs for playtime (as a benefit for Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi, who are busy elementary students). Although Jimin and Taehyung tries to play with the two, Jungkook always focuses on Cooky.

"I play with Cooky!" He always exclaims whenever Jimin and Taehyung wants to play with Jungkook. As much as Jimin and Taehyung wanted to destroy the bunny plushie, they knew its unethical to do so.

So, they made a plan.

"Hyungs, where did Cooky go?" Jungkook asked as he struggles to look for all the places where Cooky could possibly be; on the kitchen, under the bed, under the sofas, somewhere on the kitchen counter, or any single spot in the house. Taehyung and Jimin looked at each other and shrugged, pretending to not know where Jungkook's toy is. "We dunno. We did our homeworkie." Jimin said, not even a hint of worry on his face as he watches Jungkook almost on the verge of tears.

Taehyung nudges Jimin. "We have no homework, pabo." Taehyung snaps in a hushed voice, making Jimin roll his eyes. Jungkook pouts and drops his butt on the floor, feeling so helpless he couldn't help but let a tear escape from his eye. "Appa gave Cooky to me." He mumbles, sniffling, and covering his face with his tiny hands. "Now, he gone." He sobs quietly, his heart throbbing painfully at his chest at the thought of losing a best friend, even though it's only a thing.

Jungkook cherished his appa's gift, so whenever he thought that he lost Cooky, he could already feel the disappointment Jin would radiate, even though his dad isn't present in their room.

Jungkook almost flipped the house upside down, but still no sight of Cooky. But the twins knew where Cooky was hidden. "Appa would be mad at me." Jungkook wails, stuttering while crying hard on the floor. "A-appa w-would b-be so m-ma-ad that C-cooky is g-go-gone."

Jimin and Taehyung frowned and looked at each other, almost talking to each other telepathically and sat beside Jungkook. "Don't worry Kookie. We're gonna try to find it." Taehyung says softly as he pats Jungkook's back, unknowingly feeling the guilt building and eating him in the inside. Jimin nods, wiping Jungkook's tears away and helps the maknae up. "Wash your face, Kookie. Appa said we leave later." Jimin pushes Jungkook to the bathroom and slams the door shut.

"Bro." Taehyung whispers while pulling Jimin out of Jungkook's earshot. "Let's give Cooky back." They said simultaneously, eyes wide in surprise as they pointed at each other. "Y-yah! It was your idea!" Jimin almost yells while poking Taehyung's chest. "No it ain't! It was yours." Taehyung furrowed his brows when Jimin shoved his chest angrily, making Tae fall to the floor with a thud. "N-no!!"

Jimin squeezes Taehyung's cheek, the latter crying out and tears gather on his eyes. Taehyung pushed Jimin and made his head bang on the floor, and the sound was so loud that Jin went in to see the commotion. "Yah, I told you three—Jimin!" The father rushed onto the twin's side, whose head was slightly bleeding as Jimin wailed in agony. There was a small cut on his head beneath his black hair, and now Taehyung's guilt has doubled and is now gnawing him on the inside.

His plan to steal Cooky away to make Jungkook talk and play with them, Jungkook's crying face, and now Jimin being hurt because of him?

Jungkook by then came out of the bathroom with red cheeks, making Jin sigh and look at Taehyung, the only one who wasn't as gloomy as the two are. "What happened here, Taehyung?" Jin asked worriedly as he gathered Jimin and Jungkook on his arms, trying to calm the two down. Taehyung pouted and fidgeted his fingers, trying to shy away from Jin's stare.

Jungkook sniffled and pushed himself from Jin's embrace, stumbling out of the room and probably going to the hyungs' room. Jimin, however, wasn't looking so good. His eyes rolled on the back of his head, and his body suddenly went slack. "Jimin!" Jin screamed while shaking Jimin's body, and pausing as he looked at Taehyung with wide eyes. There was their father's look that made the other twin still, heart dropping to the bottom of his stomach.

"Tell Namjoon to call an ambulance. Hurry!"

'This is all because of you, Kim Taehyung. You hurt your twin because you won't admit it was your plan to make Jungkook miserable without the gift from our dad.'

Taehyung stays seated far away from his father and brothers, eyes cast down and on his feet while listening to his dad ramble at the nurse. Their father isn't looking good; eyes wild and face wet from tears. Questions and statements spilled from his mouth, hands flying wildly and his eyes moving so fast. The nurse couldn't even speak a word to Jin, so she just stood there and looked at the other nurses for help.

Namjoon noticed the nurse's distress and decided to step in. "A-appa? Maybe you could just ask one question at a time?" Namjoon mumbled, and the father froze for a moment. Jin rubbed his temples and clicked his tongue. "Ah, sorry. My mistake, miss." He said sadly, wanting to slump on the floor defeatedly while the nurse cleared her throat.

"Your son's condition is okay, but he hit his head pretty hard. He is just lucky he didn't get a concussion, sir."

"But my son—is he awake?" Jin already wanted to burst through the door to see if Jimin is alright and not crying too hard. When the nurse told him that he could see him, he already had his hand on the door handle and pushed it open to see his son sitting on the bed. Bandages were wrapped around his tiny head, almost looking like his head is bloated and was about to burst. Jimin's eyes didn't cast a glance to Jin, which worried him.

"Jiminie?" Jin called, slowly going to the seat beside his son while watching for any reaction. Jimin was unresponsive, to Jin's dismay, and his eyes just blink in every few moments. Namjoon and the others quietly invited themselves in, sitting on the couch to see their brother who was just silently sitting on the bed.

Jin's eyes became teary once again, desperation throbbing his chest as he kneeled on the floor beside the bed. He gently cupped Jimin's cheeks, hoping he could finally get his attention as he let Jimin face him. "Jiminie, please." Jin cried out, tears escaping as his lips trembled.

The other sons were so heartbroken, seeing that Jimin is like a doll sitting there, not even giving a single acknowledgment even to their father who was pleading and crying on his knees. Hoseok tried to hush Jungkook as they all cry, Taehyung standing on the side of the couch as he felt his heart constrict. Perhaps all of his plan has gone down the drain, resulting in something that is opposite of what he expected.

'What have I done?'