18 ✔️

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN :

A Boy Can Dream

A boy can dream because as a child, one would eventually think of what he wanted to become in the future, whether it be as a police officer, a firefighter, a lawyer, a doctor, a CEO, a father. A boy can dream, because of their gifted imagination of knowing what luxury is for them, and what are the things they desire the most. They wouldn't know what challenges and obstacles will be on their way as they grow up and pursue who they would want to be, but of course, their eyes will always remain on their prize; their dream.

For Namjoon, he just wanted to become successful. He could become a doctor, a lawyer, a businessman, anything that would suit him fine. His desire for learning, stronger than his brothers, the need to become a model to his dongsaengs, motivated him to do his best in school and in life.

For Yoongi, he wanted to become someone who could change the world in his own way. No way would he be able to become a speaker in press conferences since he knew he doesn't have enough confidence to speak to many people, nor interact with them. He just wanted to be one of the people who could make the world a better place to live in.

For Hoseok, he just wants to dance. Dancing is his own form of oblivion, his own expression to emotions, responses to what he was feeling. He could be a famous dancer, artist, or someone who expresses their emotions artistically. A choreographer sounded nice to him, but a dancer who has no strings attached to him was better to his ears and heart. He couldn't bear being controlled by a system.

For Jimin, he was inspired by Hoseok to become a dancer. But as soon as he heard an artist singing on the television, pitching a high note that made his skin have goosebumps, he suddenly envisioned himself to become an idol. He wanted to show the world his abilities, through singing and dancing. He didn't want to put a mask on in public, however, just like what artists do to make sure they still remained infamous. Jimin wants to just be himself, and that is what matters to Jimin.

For Taehyung, he thought of numerous things that really caught his attention, other than drawings and sketches and paintings. 'Photo is nice.' He usually thinks whenever he sees a picture on the wall of his school, with a caption below that says "Best Photo of the Month". Taehyung thought that if he could have a really cool camera, maybe he could have his photos on that wall. Or better, he could deliver creative and inspiring photos to the world.

For Jungkook, he used to think that he could just become a baker or chef. He loves to eat, and he also loves to create something new from different foods. But when he was praised for having a cute yet almost-realistic drawing by his teacher, he suddenly thought of being the next Leonardo Da Vinci or Van Gogh. Kim Jungkook, the next generation artist that would touch the hearts of millions just by a single painting sounded nice to the little boy.

Their dreams meant something to them, because boys who dream are boys who matter. Boys who dream are the ones who achieve their dreams in the end.

"Are you sure you are up for it?"

"Yes appa!" Hoseok cheered as he twirled around the living room, Jin's eyes possessing a hesitant glint and his lips curled into a frown. "If Mimi did ballet and Yeoro dance hip-hop, then I can have dance lessons!"

"Baby, you're not getting the point." Jin slowly said, and patting the seat next to him which made Hoseok hop up and plop his butt on the soft cushion. Hoseok's grin faded a little until his lips eventually became a straight line. "Listen, I... I just don't want you to regret this decision or maybe get you bullied, Hoseokie." Jin sighed and faced his son with a worried stare. "I know you love to dance, but to start with ballet, knowing that only girls and some boys do that? Are you sure about this?"