6 ✔️

CHAPTER SIX :

A Smart Hyung

Jin had already dropped off the hyungs to the elementary, and now he is driving towards the kindergarten to drop off the maknaes. Jimin and Taehyung sat obediently on their seats, while Jungkook is playing with Jin's hand that was on the gearshifter, since he is seated on the passenger's seat (it's his day today). Jin was smiling on the driver's seat, turning the wheel to the right with only one hand to park next to the entrance of the kindergarten. His finesse was noticed by the passenger, making the maknae's eyes almost sparkle and look at their father in awe.

Once the car came to a full stop, Jimin and Taehyung immediately unbuckled their seatbelts and put the straps of their backpacks on their shoulders. Jungkook did the same, while Jin parked the car and helped the kids off. "Oh, babies, we're going to fetch your hyungs early, okay?" Jin smiled and kissed each of their foreheads, waving them goodbye as a teacher led them to their respective classrooms.

Time flew so quickly, that Jungkook realized they are now standing before the big doors of their hyungs' school. The father patted Jungkook's hair, making the maknae look up with a confused expression. "Why we here, appa?" His cute voice held a hint of curiosity, something that Jin liked in Jungkook which always made in coo.

"We're here to visit your hyungs!" Jin grinned, while Jimin and Taehyung were already pressing their faces on the glass doors, to see if they could spot their hyungs. "Namjoon told me a while ago to come to school to go visit the principal about something, so I decided to tag you three along, instead of leaving you in the car." Jin scooped Jungkook up and took Jimin's hand, while the other twin held on to Jimin's hand with a small pout.

They entered the building, aimlessly walking through the walls quietly and asked every available teacher about where the principal's office is. Jin— unknownst to him— had already captured the hearts of the female (and male) teachers, turning down the requests of female (and male) teachers guiding him (and his children) to the office. The twins snickered when the flirty smiles of the teachers were wiped off when the father turned down the requests, focusing on meeting the principal and go get his eldest.

Jungkook was inattentive however, staring at the different doors and lockers in the halls that fascinated him. There were lockers that were painted in different colors, definitely assigned depending on each section. Doe eyes were wide and lips shaped into an 'o', Jungkook suddenly became excited and wanted to enter elementary. He was squealing and giggling and babbling the entire trip, and that didn't annoy anyone. In fact, it made the atmosphere lighten up a bit.

Finally, Jin and the three kids arrived at the principal's office. They were asked to sit on the empty chairs, beside a kid who looked at them strangely. With Jungkook comfortably sitting on Jin's lap, the twins kicking their legs while examining the waiting room, and Jin humming quietly while tapping his leg, one would definitely question their purpose in the office. The father didn't catch the stare of the old secretary who had heart eyes, face resting on her palm, and lips curled into a dreamy smile.

Moments later, the door opened, and a man appeared on the doorway with a smile on his face. "Mr. Kim, please come in!" Jin nodded, placing Jungkook on the chair he sat on and sternly told the trio to behave.

But it wasn't that easy.

Jungkook's doe eyes started to water, arms outstretched and fists opening and closing as his lips quivered. "A-appa." He gurgled, sniffling as Jin sighed and crouched down, already on daddy mode to calm his youngest. "Oh, you can let the children in, please!" The principal laughed heartily, gesturing them to come in as he sees the difficult situation on Jin's hands.

Jungkook clapped his hands and giggled, already on Jin's arms as the maknae wrapped his small arms around his father's neck. "Wuv appa." Jungkook nuzzled his face on Jin, closing his eyes.

"I have asked you to come here today to explain something to you, Mr. Kim. I hope you weren't busy today."

"Ah, please call me Jin, sir." Jin sheepishly smiled, lightly scratching his temple. "And no, I wasn't busy and it won't matter, because I will come if it is about my sons." Jin said, his lips still having the smile that made Namjoon and the maknaes happy. The principal, Mr. Min, nodded and gestured at Namjoon.

"Your son, Namjoon, has done an exceptional performance in his academics. Even though our curriculum is accelerated, your son managed to catch up and even become the top student in his class—no, not just that, but in his batch!" The principal beamed, and of course, Jin became happy about his son's performance. "This is why I am recommending you that your son should skip a grade level, so that his classes would be more advanced. Surely, this will be more beneficial for the child in order for him to expand his knowledge rather than just acing the basic lessons he has now."

Namjoon was quiet, kicking his legs and pursing his lips. Jin saw and gave a polite smile to the principal. "If Namjoon would like to have advanced classes, then it's up to him." The eldest bit his lip, looking uneasy as he fiddled his shirt. "W-won't it be too hard for me, sir?" He finally spoke up, catching the principal's attention. The said man laughed heartily, not even noticing how anxious the excellent student is. "It's not going to be hard for you, son. Think of it like, you're suited for that grade level this year. Grade 3 ain't that hard for you, so Grade 4 will be suited for you." The principal explained, but Namjoon still felt uneasy.

Jin scooted next to Namjoon and hugged him. "If you're in for it, Joon, then you can. But if you feel pressured about it, then it's fine. That's your decision to make." Jin murmurs, kissing his temple and gave an encouraging smile. Namjoon's heart fluttered, and he pondered for a moment to think of his decision; the pros, cons, whatever logical thinking he has to do in a span of minutes.

Meanwhile, the three maknaes blinked; they still don't have a clue on what's happening.

"I'm proud of you, Joonie." Jin messed with Namjoon's hair, making the eldest pout and blush as they walked out of the school with the other five trailing behind them. Jungkook was holding hands with Hoseok, who looked proud of his hyung while Yoongi yawned, obviously unbothered of what just happened. "But are you sure about this? It is going to be hard to catch up on the subjects since you will enter that grade level tomorrow. I can get you a tutor or—"

Namjoon chuckled. "It's fine, appa. I can study them on my own." He shrugged. "Besides, I'll ask the principal if he can send me some of the teacher's notes or syllabus so that I can catch up with the current and previous lessons." Namjoon explained, making Jin nod and sigh happily. "I wonder who you inherited your smarts with." He snickers, making Namjoon narrow his eyes on his father. "Maybe it's from me."

"Or I just happen to be born smart." Namjoon ran away and onto the car, Jin's teasing smile turning into a frown. "Yah! Kim Namjoon!"

"What are they talking about?" Yoongi groaned as he felt his back crack a little bit while stretching, Hoseok shrugging in response. "Dunno, hyung. But how was your day?" Hoseok asked, eyes closing as he smiled. "Meh, I just slept." Yoongi clicked his tongue, watching Taehyung and Jimin bicker in front of them.

"Me too." Hoseok snorted, making Yoongi crack a small smile as they climbed up the car, ready to end the day.