4 ✔️

CHAPTER FOUR :

Namjoon

Kim Namjoon is the eldest of the Kim siblings, and he is the most mature one who takes care of his dongsaengs. At an early age, he was needed to take care of them when his mother was out and about, doing work and adult stuff that he doesn't know. His focus, at those moments, is that his brothers won't always find for their mother like he used to when he was little. It was nerve-wracking, because his mother cannot find someone who can take care of him at a moment's notice, and she needed to work for her and Namjoon. He remembered crying and crying until his mother came home and comforted him. He thought that it will just happen once, but he was wrong. He decided that in the future, if this routine continues, he'll be the one who will suck up his tears and be there for his future brothers.

Aside from protecting them, Namjoon frequently studies in his free time, since he felt the need and responsibility to do so and teach his dongsaengs in the future as well. Whether it be Math, Science, Writing, or Reading, Namjoon tried to study it all.

But now, this is different. It is different from the home-schooling he was used to. It was a huge change, from having an only mother to an only father, and his brothers being able to attain the education they need. He still thinks about his brothers' welfare, but for now, he thought about himself.

As he entered the classroom, he could feel the stares of the students on him even with his head bowed down. His brown eyes tried to look up and studied the faces of his classmates one by one, but then as he looked at the second student, he was too shy to do so. The teacher noticed him fiddling with his fingers, so he put a hand on his shoulder and smiled at the class. "Can you introduce yourself to the class?"

Namjoon nodded and looked up, a small pout on his face. "H-hello, my name is Kim Namjoon. Um... Please take care of me." He bowed down and looked at the teacher with a panicked look. "Thank you, Namjoon. You may sit beside Jinyoung. Jinyoung, please raise your hand!"

A boy with brown hair raised his hand, a wide-eyed look on his face as he stared at Namjoon walking to his table. While settling his things, Jinyoung leaned near his seatmate and grinned. "Hi, hello! My name is Chu Jinyoung, lets be friends!" The boy whisper-shouted at Namjoon, who looked at him and nodded shyly. "Thanks, Jinyoung." Namjoon said in a small voice, inwardly cheering as he had a headstart in his goal of making friends.

Ever since he entered school, he was afraid of making friends. He was always around his brothers, and he only gets a slim chance on going outside because of his mother. His worry right now is that he doesn't want to enter in a bad circle of friends, but who is he to pick?

At least now, it was Jinyoung. He and Jinyoung.

"So these are my friends Myong Seyoon, Kung Jinsang, Yo Jungwoo, and Wu Doyeon." Jinyoung was excited to recruit the new wolf in their pack, getting weird looks from other students since he was jumping up and down while leading Namjoon towards Jinyoung's usual lunch table. "Guys, this is Kim Namjoon. Treat him well, ya hear?"

Namjoon greeted everyone in the group, brofisting some of them as they sat and ate their packed lunch. "So, there's a new update in Fortnite." Jinsang grinned, munching on his chicken sandwich while looking at Jungwoo and Seyoon. Namjoon looked up from his meal, suddenly curious about the conversation they're having at the table. "I was wondering if you guys can ditch Ms. Joo's homework to play it with me later tonight."