January

This is part of the other chapter. It's Mikes point of view while Will and the others were at the arcade.
-

The cold wind ruffled Mikes hair as he climbed the bleachers right where El said she'd meet him. Mike did feel guilty about leaving his friends behind and not going to the arcade like they planned, he especially felt bad for leaving Will.
"They'll forgive me." He spoke to himself climbing the bleachers until he saw the brunette sitting up against the bleachers her eyes focused on the football practice going on in the field.

"Our football team sucks doesn't it." Mike chuckled joining Eleven on the concrete benches.

She turned to him with a smile. "Finally, I was getting nervous you wouldn't show up".

"I'd never bail on you". He sat right next to her and the two were inches from each other's face.

"I'm sure you know why I wanted to talk to you". The short haired girl blushed and looked down at her legs. "I know I said some hurtful things last time we spoke but I was just jealous and....I want you back."

Mike let out a deep sigh. He wanted to be with Eleven but his mind went back to Will, it always did.

"I want you back too." Mike decided there was no use in trying with Will, if they are best friends it should stay that way he thought to himself. Right?

The brunette smiled and grabbed either side of Mike's reddened face, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

••••

"Got the carrots?"

"Check"

"Buttons?"

"Check"

"Knitted scarf and hat"

"Check and Check"

"Alright I think we are all ready to make the best snowman in this neighborhood." Jonathan said taking all the supplies from Will and cradling it in his arms.

Will sighed and peaked through the blinds from the kitchen seeing some kids from his school. "Jonathan?"

"Hm?" He barely looked up too busy picking out which carrot would make a good nose for a snowman.

"You don't think I'm a bit too old to be making a snowman?"

"What? No not at all when I was fifteen I still made them with mom."

"Oh...okay."

"Don't grow up too fast kid." The older boy patted Will's back as he made his way out into the snow.

Will soon followed behind after, bundling up in his hat scarf and gloves.

"Hey Will over here!" He heard Jonathan's voice from afar and as soon as he turned around a hard cold ball hit him right on the arm.

"You're so gonna get it." Will chuckles grabbing a handful of snow forming it into some kind of ball shape then pitching it right at Jonathan's butt. "And SCORE!"

"Ow my ass." Jonathan cried out but laughed when he saw Will basically dying of laughter.

"Enough enough, we've got a snowman to build." The older brother smirked.

The two siblings worked on their snowman for about an hour laughing and having several snowball fights in between.

"I think we make a pretty good team, don't ya think." He nudged Will's side causing him to giggle as they admired the snowman.

Will nodded in approval, a smirk on his lips."Yeah definitely. Do you think we could grab some hot chocolate now?"

"Of course lets go". the two got into Jonathan's car and drove off to the nearest café.

Will looked out the car window pressing his forehead against the cold glass watching more snow start to flutter down from the sky while looking at all the passing houses. His heart began hurting feeling that same empty feeling he has been feeling for the past week now. He missed Mike, but he refused to see him....he just knew Mike and El had gotten back together but Will didn't want to face the news. They haven't talked since Mike ditched him to talk to El that one afternoon and he doesn't plan on doing so anytime soon.

"You okay?" Wills brother pulled into the parking lot of the café.

"Yeah I'm fine, just hungry." Will pulled a fake smile.

Jonathan only shrugged and hopped out of his car waiting for Will to walk with him. They both headed inside finding a seat.

"Is that Mike? Who's that girl he's with." Jonathan had a confused expression on his face as he pulled off his jacket and took a seat at the booth.

Will's head whipped around to see El and Mike sharing a large cup of hot chocolate and two straws sticking out of the mug. The chestnut haired boy only rolled his eyes at the sight thinking how cheesy they were being. His heart was shattering.

"Um that's Mike's....girlfriend." Will spoke with a shaky breathe taking a seat in front of his brother.

"Oh, are you okay with that." Jonathan raised an eyebrow.

"Y-Yeah why wouldn't I be, it's his choice....it's not like I'm his mother or anything."

Jonathan smirked and simply said "okay."

"It's true Jonathan I really don't care" Will rolled his eyes and began fidgeting with the salt and sugar packages on the counter.

"I'm not saying that you do Will" the older boy shrugged still with a smirk on his lips

It was silent for a minute with Will nervously biting his lip and fidgeting with anything he could find and Jonathan just waiting for him to cave.

"Fine!" Will shrunk in his seat noticing that he said that too loud and lowered his voice "I care. I care so much and she took him Jonathan s-she took my Mike away" he put his face on the table letting out a breath of relief.

Jonathan stepped out of his seat and pushed Will over towards the window making room for himself.

"I know this feeling, it's all too familiar"

"How can you possibly know how I'm feeling right now, you're not an in the closet gay who is practically in love with his childhood best friend."

"You remember Nancy right?"

Will picked his head up furrowing his brows "of course I know, that's Mikes older sister" he let out a breathy laugh

"Well as you know, as everyone knows we hung out a lot. I began growing feelings for her, but Nancy? She only saw me as a friend and had lovey eyes for Steve." Jonathan rolled his eyes at the thought of it.

"Woah you had the hots for Nancy" Will laughed.

"Oh hush" Jonathan nudged his brother playfully."Anyways they are dating now and there's nothing I can do about it.....so I do understand bud and I know it hurts but there's other people I promise"

"What if I don't want other people..." Will's eyes got teary, he peaked his head at Mike and Eleven who were rubbing noses and giggling making Wills stomach sink.

"You will, don't you Worry"

~

Sorry for taking so long with the updates. I've been pretty busy but more is coming very soon.