December (part 2 of last chapter)

Will shoved his gloved hands into his pockets the cold winter air keeping his hands frozen. A familiar voice called out to him, a voice he wanted to hear forever. Mike eventually caught up to Will, almost sliding on the ice that the snow formed on the concrete. A breathily hey left his red chapped lips as he walked by Wills side.

"I almost stayed home today" Will decided to stir up a conversation, Will growing tired of only hearing the sound of their feet trudge through the snow.

Mike sighed, a cloud of smoke leaving his lips from the cold."Let me guess, because of the presentation?" He asked even though he already knew the answer.

"I don't get it, teachers are here to teach us not to torture us" Will complained.

Mike laughed not understanding the big deal, but then remembered it's Will he's talking to.

"This happens almost every month Byers" Mike continued to let out snickers.

Will didn't quite catch on to what Mike was trying to say."What happens every month?"

"You,whining about our class presentation, I'm gonna give you my same old speech and you're gonna go up there and kick ass like you always do" Mike smiled at him causing Will's cheeks to redden on his pale skin, but thank goodness it was cold outside, Mike wouldn't be able to tell how heated Will had gotten from his words.

The school building showed up shortly. Mike and Will rushed inside the heat from the school building warming them both.

"Just remember to breath, and if you ever feel like there's too much pressure look at me for reassurance" Mike was now at his locker grabbing the books he needed for the morning and putting the books in his locker that he no longer needed.

Will just wanted to give Mike the biggest hug at the moment for always being there for him, but he had enough of the gay and queer comments coming from the bullies in his school that he got almost everyday ever since rumors went around about Mike and Will dating. So he decided against the affection he was dying to give Mike, he settled for a "thank you Mike it means a lot that you're always here for me".

Mike smiled and to Will's surprise Mike had his arms around him and a weird floaty feeling formed in his stomach which soon disappeared when his arms were no longer around the boys small body.

He always ignored the butterflies Mike gave him or the redness in his cheeks whenever the name Mike Wheeler was brought up.

"Will! Come on we have to get to class" He snapped Will out of his day dreaming. Mike took the boy by the arm pulling him into the classroom behind him.

Will took heavy steps to his desk. He sat at the wooden desk next to Mike which were their assigned seats. Will's hands became shaky once the teacher began to speak about presentations.

Mike of course noticed the fear in Will's eyes, and the anxiety that rushed over his body. He hesitated at his actions before he gently put a hand over Will's to stop him from shaking so much. Mike didn't say anything, he just looked at Will for a moment and turned away to face the teacher. All together Will's anxiety subsided. He looked down at Mikes hand under the desk that rested on top of his, the butterflies soon came back and they definitely couldn't be ignored this time when Mike started to gently rub his thumb over Will's hand as a way to calm him.

"Will Byers, you're up" The teacher spoke, lightly tapping her ruler onto Wills desk.

He let out a deep sigh. Mike gently squeezed Will's small hand and gave him a smile before letting him go up to the front of the room. Will stood up from his seat grabbing the poster board he brought placing the large paper onto the black board.

"T-This is my presentation on To kill a mockingbird " His hands became sweaty and shaky again when his eyes started darting around the class room at all the kids.

Will's eyes landed on Troy and James the school bullies that have been harassing Will and his group of friends ever since middle school started. For whatever reason Will and his friends were always their main targets.

"Faggot" Troy coughed out at Will making the rest of the kids in the class giggle. James joined in on the name calling and teasing causing laugher from the other students.

The teacher settled the class down, but Troy's comments only made Will stutter and choke up on his words more. 

"The f-first-" His eyes began to tear up and his vision went burry....the words he wanted to say refused to come out. As fast as he could, he sprinted out the class room ignoring the teachers calls out for him to come back.

He sat out in the empty hall with his back up against the lockers, his head in his hands. This had to be one of the worst days of Will's life.

~
Idk if this is any good, it's a bit boring rn but I'll make more happen in the next chapter