C Y C L O N E

CYCLONE⎮CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncover my face. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again. The rough waves of the glowing and radiant sun penetrate my window effectively forcing my eyes closed and slowly the fatigue of the long journey seeps out of me as the streaks of sunlight replace my unrest. Eventually, I sit up. Dragging my feet off the bed, and rubbing my knuckles into my eyes I familiarised myself once more with the brightness of the day. I stretch my arms above my head and yawn watching my legs dangle above the off-white polyester carpet and then finally press my toes into the floor. I stumbled across to the other side of the cabin as my drowsiness had still not left me, and into the freezing water. 

Once my feet touched the main floor I felt a deep 'harrumph' rumble from my throat. It looked like a drunken cyclone had erupted in the midst of the room. Clothes were strewn across the floor, a haphazard path made towards the center of the room. The only clues that this uber-chaos was human-made were the partially drunken glasses of wine and the group of hungover humanoid figures hunched over the breakfast bar. "How is everyone this morning?" I asked receiving various noncommital noises. 

"Fantastic, and yourself?" Theresa asked offering me an omelet with an assortment of toppings. 

"Good, I finished the battle plan and sent out invitations to the leaders of the groups Hade's and I recruited. They should be arriving soon, meaning we must get these woman out of my apartment." Theresa nodded with a private smile, and I carefully took a bite out of the soft foamy half-moon. "Where's Diablo?" At the mention of his name his head rocketed into the air, and he yawned loudly. 

"Here," he called raising his hand above his head before slumping into the breasts of Pia who groaned in discomfort and pushed him onto the floor. Gina huffed a laugh under her breath and continued to read the newspaper that she had collected from my door. Leanne who must have stumbled down earlier continued to rest her forehead against the cool granite of the table, her glass of orange juice seemingly untouched. 

And Pia proceeded to tug the blanket from Diablo's grip and tighten it around her naked body before falling back asleep. "I hate to cut the party short girls, but we've got some business to attend to," I called, gently rousing Leanne from her short nap. She, in turn, groaned and almost slipped from her stool had I not gripped her arm tightly. 

Gina nodded and folded the paper applicably before standing and tossing Pia's dress at her, "Come on hun, you heard the boss man." As Gina helped the girls I finished my breakfast and then moved towards my Uncle. 

"Dee," I called and kicked his curved back, "get up and see your conquests off, we've got a busy day ahead of us." His head rose up slightly and his steely eyes met mine. "I'm tired," he complained, "I pleasured two beautiful women, and Dracula over there, give me a break." I crossed my arms entirely unamused. 

"You didn't have too," I protested and he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, because you were so willing to fulfill their needs," he jested and I sighed deeply. I averted my eyes from Pia who had stood up in her entirely natural state, and instead focused on my Uncle who had lent back on the carpet seemingly unwilling to move. 

"Fine, I'll take them down to the limousine. But you have to clean up this mess-" I said, mainly motioning towards the overturned couch and mass of pillows, "I mean it, we have guests coming." He groaned in dismay but nodded. And once the woman were dressed in their undergarments and pieces of Diablo's suit, meant as a memento of sorts, I led them down the elevator and towards my limo. Leanne kissed my cheek in silent thanks, and I waited until the limo had turned the corner before reentering the building. 

Unsurprisingly when I returned to my residence Diablo had fallen back into a deep slumber. I rolled my eyes and shared a moment of understanding with Theresa who held a warm mug between her paws and shook her head. Instead of suffering through his complaints and abuse I righted the couch and threw the cushions he wasn't resting upon back onto the furniture before settling beside Theresa. "Who exactly are we expecting this morning?" she started and gently placed the mug on the counter before retrieving one for me.