C O M P A N Y • S I N

COMPANY SIN⎮CHAPTER THREE

I growled as flashes of lights consumed my silhouette as soon as I stepped from the car. "Mr. Stilinski is it true your father is dying? Are you visiting a girlfriend, mistress?" I clenched my fists willing myself to remain calm as I kept walking forward but the crowd was slowly closing in. 

I felt claustrophobic, and it was beginning to get hard to breathe, I loosened my tie, exhaling sharply I blink through my blurry gaze. I stumbled, wetting my lips as I held a hand to my eyes to escape the flashes. Suddenly I was back in the car seat, I frowned, turning my head to the window to watch the traffic surge warmly beside me. I felt a hand slither into my own making my eyes snap to the driver. 

"Ian," I breath, my eyes tearing up immediately as he smiles over at me. His thumb gently slides across the back of my hand before encasing my thumb in a soft caress. I gulp, "God, I miss you," I sigh. He frowns, "What are you on about, Sti?" his velvety smooth voice flows over me igniting the same tingly feeling as it did all those years ago.

"I love you," I sigh, my breathing fast as my eyes return to the road. I know what is coming, and I'm even less prepared for it as the day it happened. "Pull over, please! Just let's not go on our honeymoon, let's stay locked up in my bedroom; all week," I whisper, bringing our hands to my lips to place a chaste kiss on his.

"As lovely as that sounds," he teases, "we can do that in Hawaii." I feel like breaking down; I feel like I am giving out. It feels like my entire being is being weighed down, pushing me further into the pits of hell. "Please honey, let's just hang out for a few minutes, Hawaii can wait," I whisper looking at the clock. 09: 36 - one minute.

I watch horrified as the truck passes us, "I'm begging you, save yourself. I can't- I can't live without you." He just smiles, caressing the back of my hand with his thumb. "It'll be alright, everything we'll be okay. Because we'll always be together, I love you." 09:37 I watch in horror as the truck's trailer flips crushing the car in front of us. 

"GIVE ME YOUR HAND!" He cries, pulling me into his embrace just as our car flips.

I blink through my fuzzy vision. I can see faces I don't recognise above me but I'm more aware of the firm concrete beneath me, cradling my back and sticking into my rigid shoulder blades. I'm suddenly much more conscious of the flashing lights and cries of terror as I lurch upwards. I waver slightly losing balance as I fall into a photographer before I'm upright and shoving harshly through them, "Let me get to him," I croak, searching wildly for Ian's body before my eyes turn to my hands.  I'm no longer dreaming; I fall to my knees unable to hold the sobs at bay as my entire body wracks with dry sobs. 

"Ian," I cry, cursing profanities to the wind as I furiously wipe the tears from my face. My ears adjust to the clicks of photographs and my eyes rise to the camcorders held to my face. I know my eyes are blue so I quickly avert my eyes to my hands. 

I stand slowly, wetting my lips. "Excuse me please." To my surprise, the paparazzi moves immediately allowing me to enter the hospital where I will say my final goodbyes to my father. I walk the corridors in fear of having a panic attack with every step. Finally reaching the room where I see my dad, a tube down his throat and machines at his side, being the only thing keeping him stable. I swallow as I step into the room, rubbing my damp palms on my dress pants. 

"Hey dad," I swallow the bile rising in my throat as I gently take his hand in mine, "I know we haven't been on the best of terms lately, hell it's been four years since I've seen you in person. My job has gotten the best of me, and I've been trying so hard to forget Ian. I know you liked Ian, I hope you two bond in heaven waiting for me," I whisper, frowning. "I'll be in town for a while, sorting out any of your businesses. I know you would've wanted me to make up with the pack but-" I sigh, "I can't, I'll sort a domestic partnership with the pack and make sure they take care of the house. But eventually, I'll be on my way back to my company."