F A M I L Y • P A C K

As requested by @Scoter33, an update.

FAMILY VS PACK⎮CHAPTER EIGHT

 "Why are we helping them, Stiles?" Lewis asked. I knew the calmness in his tone should scare me, I knew that the red hue in his usually hazel eyes should warn me. Instead, I poured myself my third glass of alcohol.

I then gripped my head tightly, roughly carding my hand through the messy locks that fell across my vision. My emotions were a whirlwind and I couldn't distinguish a single thought running through my head. With a heavy-hearted sigh, I downed the remains of my bourbon before answering his question.

"We aren't helping them, Lew. We're saving people; innocent people," I licked my lips before meeting his eyes, an action not many people could do- without being murdered.

Laney hissed, "Why don't we keep our asses safe? Oh, come on Lew- don't give me that look," she groaned when Lewis' eyes flashed in warning.

I cocked my head, crossing my arms in slight detest, "You know how I feel about putting myself before others-"

She scowled, "You mean by not, ever, putting your life before others?"

"Laney!" Lewis hissed in frustration, and she crossed her arms.

"What it's true, he's an idiot and he's going to get himself killed!" I feigned a hurt expression and she glared, "He doesn't even care if he dies, Lew. He doesn't care if he dies for a bunch of imbeciles who probably deserve to die themselves."

My eyes flared, "They are innocent Lewis, are you really going to turn your back on them!" I yelled, baring my fangs.

Lewis sighed, carefully placing himself on the sofa, "I know- I know that I've never really been your Alpha," I inhaled sharply at his words, turning to stare at him with wide eyes. Even Laney had gone silent, "I guess, you were never really pack," I deflated and he shut his eyes in pain, "you were family, we stuck- stick by you, we protect and help you, but we- I can't control you." Lewis stared at me as I made a noise of indignation.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

Lew only shook his head with a tiny smile, "Don't be Sti, I just need you to understand that this isn't our battle. Beacon Hills is not our home- it's yours," his eyes flickered with unshed tears. "We can't help you, I can't put my pack members lives on the line, not if these people are hunting supernatural. I can't."

I swallowed, "You're the Mafia pack."

Lewis sighed, carding a hand roughly through his hair, "I'm aware," he whispered.

"You can help, please," I begged, my blue eyes flaring in desperation.

"This is not our battle, do not drag me into this Stiles," he hissed, finally breaking as his eyes became nothing more than a bloodthirsty red.

I gulped, my lips tugging downwards in a frown, "Fine, fine!" I growled, "Go home!"

"Stiles," he sighed, the condescending tone causing my fangs to bare.

"I'm going to the loft," I checked my watch, "the meetings in five minutes, if you can spare any fighters, people who have fought along side me and who have befriended me. Those who have entrusted me with their lives, those who I've trusted with mine. Those I regard as family, please-" I swallowed the bile in my throat, knowing this was goodbye.

I picked up my denim jacket, unbuttoning my shirt to replace for a dark olive t-shirt. Lewis and Laney both remained silent, their gazes and minds focused in an otherwise different direction; I only sighed. Silently shutting the door as I made my way towards my awaiting Jeep.

My Jeep.

All my anger seemed to drain at the sight of 'ole reliable. Or not so reliable as when I stuck the key in to unlock my baby, it got stuck- typical. So I used the technique I'd named 'Jim Jam Bam' Orginal right? Jim: look around for my baby's weakness. Jam: jam my fingers in the weakness and. Bam: said weakness is now my way of entering the car. So I found a crack in the passenger's side window, jammed my fingers in and forcefully pushed the window down so I could enter.

I then hotwired the Jeep and it stuttered to life, I grinned running a hand across the dashboard with a good-humoured laugh, before putting the Jeep in gear and pulling onto the road.

I shook my head, Derek you, idiot. Of course while facing hunters who wanted to gank his wolfy ass he left his loft unlocked, seriously it can not be that difficult to lock a door; and of course as I entered that was the first thing I said. Derek actually smiled, "It's good to have you back Stiles," he breathed. I only smiled before falling into the couch, kicking my feet up on the table.

"Well catch me up? How am I supposed to help you guys out if I know jack all?" I hummed, peering at the table before grabbing a slice of pizza, and heading to the kitchen for a drink, "I can hear you from here!" I called, "Remember?"

Scott chuckled nervously, "Right, okay where do I start," he hummed awkwardly and I peered in from the kitchen doorway with a frown.

"From the beginning?" I offered with a grin, my Jeep seeming to have put me in a good mood; which seemed to surprise the pack who'd clearly been filled in after the show I put on yesterday.

"Okay so Derek went missing," Scott started, "when we searched the loft we found bullets which we took to Deaton. They ended up belonging to a family of hunters, much like the Argents; they were the Calavera's and they treat the code like a law." I nodded in interest while knawing at my pizza. "So we travelled to Mexico in search of Derek, it turned out the Calavera's and I had similar interests while we were searching for Derek they were searching for Derek's captor. Here's the kick in the ass," Scott murmured, and my eyebrows rose.

"Kick in the ass?"

Scott nodded with a sigh, "Kate is alive."

"Alive?" I questioned, eyes turning blue, "Alive as in walking around and being a psychotic bitch?" Scott nodded, "Son of a bitch," I groaned, "why couldn't she just stay dead."

Peter nodded, "I know right."

"Hey, we were hoping you'd stay dead too," I pointed out, and Peter raised his hands in surrender becoming quiet.

"Yes, Kate's alive, and she had kidnapped Derek. The Calaveras's enlisted a mercenary by the name of Braeden, she helped us find Derek. Who was buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an Aztec temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake," my eyes widened considerably, "and he had been de-aged to a time before he knew what Kate had done to his family."

"Oh wow," I breathed.

Everyone nodded in agreement, "Kate hadn't learnt how to control the shift and-"

"Hold up," I frowned, "Kate's a werewolf?"

Peter shook his head, "Ever heard of the saying, 'Sometimes the shape you take reflects the type of person you are'?"

I nodded slowly, "So now she looks even more psychotic and messed up?" I humoured except everyone nodded. "Oh," I mumbled.

"Anyway, Kate lured Derek to the school where their storage basement is, all in search of a novelty item made in china, which the Hale family used to teach their youngest control. We were all ambushed and while we fought Derek transformed back; though during the distraction 117 million in bearer bonds was stolen and that money is now being used to fuel the Deadpool. We've taken out one assassin, the mute- that's how we found out about the benefactor."

"The benefactor?" I questioned.

Lydia nodded, "The person who made the list, the person paying these hunter's to kill."

I bit my lip, "Do we have the list?"

Scott shook his head, "I forgot one important detail," he inhaled, "I bit someone, a kid- Liam."