BUSINESS PARTY

BUSINESS PARTY⎮CHAPTER TWENTY

After purchasing a cheap phone with the surprisingly uncharred bills in my wallet, we continued into the heart of New York. Beside me, Hades who I'd taken to calling Diablo in public, had an exceptionally prone facial structure to anger. I noticed this after he stared angrily at the hotdog I brought him to appease his mortal belly, and later when he aggressively smiled at me in thanks. Either that, or he was truly mad at me for buying him such a delicacy, and then unceremoniously shoving it into his face.

Eventually, I pulled the car into the valet outside of my tower. "Okay, so we look like we have actually dragged ourselves from the pits of Hell so, I guess try to act like that isn't what we did. Basically, duck your head and get into the doors as fast as you can."

Hades' glare landed on me again, "I don't remember saying that you were in charge of my mannerism?" and then suddenly he was stepping from the car, his meat-suits clothes in literal tatters after their exchange of souls, and walked around the car to open my door. "Now get your ass out of my car, and into that building before I throw you up through the floors."

"While Option Two sounds like such a joy," I said sarcastically, "I think I can manage walking if you'd kindly get out of the doorway." He huffed and moved out of the space that I soon filled. I nodded towards the parking servant and directed him towards the car. Mumbling a short thanks, as he took it and moved the car leaving the doorway to the building now unobscured. Subtly, I warmed the air around me, the brisk York air biting at my exposed flesh.

"You're moving awfully slow for someone who was attempting to usher me into that building," Hades commented watching me from the pole that he was leaning on. I gave him the finger and then made my way inside. "With me," I muttered to the security guard who was about to stop Hades from following me into my private elevator. As soon as the doors opened Lewis's glare met mine.

"Why is that dog looking at you with such disrespect?" Hades murmured, eyeing my Alpha.

"Where the hell have you been?" Lewis growled, stalking towards me which drew the attention of all the workers and clients working on this floor.

"Hell," I exhaled, and just walked into his embrace, my head falling heavily onto his shoulder as he held my body up. His hand gently rubbed my back earning a rumble of appreciation before I felt his attention settle on Hades. "Let your hackles rest, this is my uncle," I mumbled sleepily, and Lewis frowned deeply from somewhere above me as I had sunk into his torso.

"Uncle on the Werecoyote side, or uncle on the mythic Greek God side?" he questioned warily already knowing the answer as his wolf stirred in anticipation. With a resigned sigh, I straightened myself out. "Lewis meet Hades lord of the underworld, Hades meet Lewis. My pack Alpha."

"You settle beneath this dog?" Hades questioned, "Why on Zeus's green Earth would you allow that?"

"That wasn't very nice," I murmured, "he's quite a dominant dog."

"None compare to my hounds," Hades argued, and I rolled my eyes in despair.

"Literal Hell?" Lewis finally stuttered, "Are you crazy!"

I rubbed my eyes, "I thought that was established a long time ago, anyway my Uncles pretty cool so could you maybe just chill with him while I get changed into my spare suit."

"Chill? With him?" he punctuated, "Seriously?"

"Well, I don't fancy my Uncle seeing my underworld," I growled and rubbed my temples harshly, "just do it."

"Oh I see now," Hades spoke up, "you keep him around as a guard dog. I knew there was a reason I kept you around Nephew." I waved him off and stumbled towards my office room. Thanking Lewis as I passed him. I changed quickly despite the settling fatigue, the worry of leaving those two stubborn men together, driving me into a frenzy as I found all of the files I needed to locate the gates to Mount Olympus and to find some special friends of mine to fight the battle brewing.

"Sir, before you leave. Will you be attending the business party tonight?" my secretary, I presume, asked. I frowned deeply, checking my watch with a tired face.

"Party?" Hades called, slinging his arm around my shoulder. I quickly noticed that he was now wearing Lewis's suit. "I would love to party." He grinned at the girl, seducing her with a simple wink before he dropped his voice to a whisper. "We should be celebrating were honing on the midnight hour."

I frowned and grabbed his elbow pulling him away from the fawning woman, "Midnight hour?"

"Yeah if you survive to midnight it means you successively got out of hell unmarked," he grinned and attempted to saunter back towards the girl. I tugged him back, a little harsher than I intended, and then growled, "I didn't hear a single collective pronoun anywhere in that sentence."

"I'm Hades I don't get marked, I do however get chastised by my brother, but we're going to war against him so who cares," my mouth dropped open, closing only when I roughly carded a hand through my flat, greasy hair.

"So marked means?" I trailed off, stress etched into my features as we began to make our way down to street level.

He shrugged almost carelessly, "If you get marked the hellhounds hunt you down and drag you to the pit for a more severe service," he needs to work on his delivery I think, maybe make it sound less terrifying. I breathed out loudly and he grinned. "Don't worry it's all very quick."

"Yeah somehow, your reassurance doesn't do much for me right now," I confessed, sighing when I realized someone had alerted the paparazzi. You do one drunken cover of Wanna Be by the Spice Girls and then suddenly you're being hounded. I rubbed my forehead while we waited in the lobby for the car to come around.

"Is this the party?" Hades showed his pearly whites leaning closer to the doors that separated us from the public. "No, it'll get worse." Hades frowned deeply, and then loosed the buttons of his shirt.

"I see," his eyes assessed me as my thumb rubbed the ring on my finger. "Ian isn't in Hell," he bluntly stated. I felt numb, my eyes blurry as I watched him walk into the small crowd. He paused and turned back with a comforting smile, "Mieczyslaw? We have a party to attend, hurry." I was snapped out of my stupor, and exhaled before moving past the buzzing paps and into the awaiting car. First a much needed shower.

A/N - sorry about the shorter chapters I've been working on the Stilinski Twins. Longer chapters coming soon... I hope