T E N N E S S E E • W H I S K E Y

TENNESSEE WHISKEYCHAPTER SIX

I kept my gaze averted as I slowly began righting the messed up office. My fingers itched to reform clenched fists but instead shook with the effort to remain calm. I hated how weak death made me feel. I hated how much death had affected me. I blew air into my fringe before falling into the leather seat. My hand clasped the bottle pouring the amber liquid before the cup even lined up beneath the cascade of liquor.

I wet my lip, rimming the glass before filling my cheeks full and downing the wolfsbane infused whisky. "Sorry, you had to see me so, exposed. I never meant for you to think I was a werewolf let alone knowing about my past. My life, what I am," I paused, "I suppose you don't know what I am, you could guess obviously, but you'd be wrong."

Derek's frown deepened into a scowl, "Are you saying you're not a werewolf?" his question was blanketed in sarcasm. His eyebrows raised into a glare of amusement. I growled, "Yes- and I'm not calling you dumb Sourwolf," I immediately added as his scowl returned, "but you are, unfortunately, ill-informed."

"So what are you, Stiles?" Peter asked, moving from where he was leant against the door frame. His foot kicked loosely at a mound of dirt that had spilled free of the overturned pot plant, blue eyes holding my gaze intensely.

I exhaled, as Mark sent me a sharp glare his protests clear in his golden iris.'

"I guess you could call me a demi-god," I wet my lips as the four men stare at me in disbelief.

"A demi-god," Peter splutters, holding a fist to his lips to snuffle his laughter, "sure, buddy," he winks as my lips merely tighten to stare emotionlessly towards them all.

"I'm the son of Zeus and Claudia Stilinski. It wasn't just an accident that killed my mother," I laughed mirthlessly, "Hera and her petty jealousy murdered my mom. If my dad hadn't told me, I surely would have driven myself insane with why a peacock had run her car off the road.

About the time I realised I had powers was when you all kicked me from the pack. I realised my emotions had control over the weather," I chuckled, "can you believe that?"

Mark sighed, "Stiles," he groaned disapprovingly, "you should not have told them."

"Yeah whatever hoove-boy," I smirked, "my buddy Mark here is a Satyr, he has goat legs," Mark growled in warning lunging towards me causing the chair to fall, wheels spinning in the air as I laughed at his hands the danced along my stomach.

"Stop-" I begged as he continued to tickle me mercilessly, "plea-se," I choked slapping at his hands while he reared back with a smug smirk. "Stop spilling your secrets all willy-nilly idiot," he slapped me upside the head before moving back to where he stood before.

"You're a god?" Isaac whispered in disbelief as I stood, brushing myself off.

"Half-blood," I corrected absentmindedly as I re-righted my seat before falling into it. "The first similarities I had between other demi-gods was my ADHD and dyslexia. Then it was the fact that I could read greek. Then I realised my powers must have been manifesting over all those years, and was producing a scent. You never noticed 'cause you all were accustomed to it, but monsters, they sensed it. Me. It wasn't just the Nemeton that was drawing them here, it was me. The night I left," I sucked my lip, "father dearest visited me in a dream; like any normal person, I thought it was what it was, a dream. But when I awoke Mark here, in all his subtle allure, had his goat legs propped up on my bed snoring." Mark glared at me as the memory surfaced, I grinned broadly, "I whacked him with my baseball bat. A few times-" Mark growled rubbing his forehead, "and then he explained everything to me. And I should have been careful, I should have known," I whispered.